Sunday, January 17, 2016

The Sunday Post #33


The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news.

On the blog last week





On the blog this week


  • On Monday I review Going Bovine by Libba Bray.
  • On Tuesday I show you recent additions to my TBR.
  • On Wednesday I review Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigalupi.



In my reading life


Last week, I finished In Darkness by Nick Lake and read Midwinterblood by Marcus Sedgwick. Right now, I’m reading I’ll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson. Up next is Bone Gap by Laura Ruby.



In my blogging life


I did it! I blogged every day for the first 16 days of January. I’m actually going to end up blogging for the first 20 days of January because I have stuff scheduled for this week. I have a lot of respect for people who blog every day. I don't know how those people do it.



In the rest of my life


Five things that made me happy last week:

  1. A short hiatus from the Giant Essay From Hell.
  2. Working on projects that aren’t the Giant Essay From Hell.
  3. Re-watching almost all of the Harry Potter movies.
  4. Reorganizing my bookshelves and picking out 70 books to get rid of.
  5. The blog has been getting a lot of traffic because I’ve been posting like a maniac for 16 days.




I hope you had a great week! See you around the blogosphere!







9 comments:

  1. I hope you are enjoying I'l Give You the Sun. I really enjoyed it. I tried to blog everyday but I think I am going to take a day or two off every week because it is just too hard! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished I’ll Give You The Sun last night and really liked it.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  2. 70 books to get rid of! Wow! I know I need to go through mine too. I have them stacked everywhere and really only have room to put up one more book case. LOL
    Going Bovine sounds fun:)

    My Sunday Post - http://fuonlyknew.com/2016/01/17/whats-new-on-my-bookshelf-143-and-the-sunday-post/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, once they start getting stacked everywhere, it’s time to get rid of them.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  3. Wow, ditching 70 books - very well done. I've moved a lot so I've actually culled books as I've gone... things I once loved but won't read again etc...

    Glad you've had a break from the Giant Essay from Hell. And congrats on your 20 days of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on meeting your 16 day blogging goal!! That's amazing! I hope you have an amazing week! I'm really looking forward to your review of I'll Give You the Sun!

    Here's my Weekly Recap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on 20 days of blogging in a row - I know it can definitely be tough to keep up that kind of schedule!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really hard. I’m going to go back to my 3-5 times a week schedule. That one works much better for me.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  6. Yay for the break from the giant essay from hell! Congratulations on posting every day for 20 days straight. It is a lot to keep up with. Good work on clearing out 70 books. It is hard but it has to be done sometimes. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete