Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is top ten 2015 releases that I meant to read, but didn’t. I decided to only focus on YA novels because there are a lot of books that I failed to read last year. Let me know if I should read any of these.
Ten 2015 Releases I Failed to Read
1. Red Queen – Victoria Aveyard. I was excited for this one when I first read the synopsis, but then I started seeing a lot of “Meh” reviews. I lost interest in it.
2. An Ember in the Ashes – Sabaa Tahir. I was waiting for this one to go on sale at my local bookstore because I didn’t want to pay full price. It still hasn’t gone on sale. It's not even in-stock anymore.
3. All the Bright Places – Jennifer Niven. I actually own this book. I got it last summer, but I still haven’t read it. It’s just been sitting on the shelf.
4. My Heart and Other Black Holes – Jasmine Warga. I was attracted to the melodramatic title, but I’m not sure how much the actual story would interest me. It seems like I’ve read a lot of these types of stories before.
5. Illuminae – Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. I might still read this one. I’m waiting for the hype to die down. (And for my TBR pile to get a little smaller so I can justify buying more books.)
6. I’ll Meet You There – Heather Demetrios. This is another book I own. I will read it. Eventually. I promise.
7. Made You Up – Francesca Zappia. I’ve seen awesome reviews of this book, but I kind of lost interest in reading it.
8. Things We Know by Heart – Jessi Kirby. The premise and ARC reviews sounded promising. I think this book just fell off my bookish radar. I never got around to buying it.
9. More Happy Than Not – Adam Silvera. I own this one! It will be read this year.
10. Walk on Earth a Stranger – Rae Carson. I recently bought this book, and I’m so excited to read it.