Thursday, January 28, 2016

January Currently . . .


Here’s what I’ve been up to in January:


I’m Currently . . .


Reading: The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt.


Watching: The only thing I’ve been watching lately is the Harry Potter movies. For some reason, re-watching them makes me really happy. I tried watching that Shadowhunters show, but it’s as cheesy as the books.


Stalking: Lately, I’ve been loving Outlandish Lit. Most of the blogs I follow just review whatever YA book is super-hyped right now, so I appreciate that Julianne has a unique taste in books. She also reviews a lot of the books that I have on my TBR list.  


Planning: My reading list for February. I want to read books by authors who are not from the US. I’m determined to read more international authors this year.


Making: Shelf space. I’ve been clearing out a lot of my old books to make room for new ones.


Stocking up on: Nothing! I’ve been doing the opposite this month and getting rid of things that I don’t need.


Wishing for: The ability to read faster. There are so many good books coming out this year. I’ve been adding more to my TBR list almost every day. It’s insane.


Enjoying: Getting my schoolwork done. I think I’ve accomplished a lot with my research and writing in the past few months. It feels like everything is moving quickly in the right direction.


Trying: To exercise regularly. I want to be in good enough shape to go on long hikes this summer. I’ve been spending a lot of time walking uphill on the treadmill.


Eating: I’ve been trying to eat healthy. It hasn’t always worked because pizza is life.


Goal setting: I have a huge project due at the end of February. My biggest goal right now is to finish that.


Learning: That I work best with a schedule. I can get a lot done if I stick to a schedule.




18 comments:

  1. I will have to check out Outlandish Lit. Love finding new blogs especially if they have different stuff on them. And yeah I try to eat healthy but pizza frequently derails that for me too! Hope you are liking The Goldfinch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am liking The Goldfinch. I’m only about halfway through it, though.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your goals! Thanks for recommending Outlandish Lit, it is true that "trending books" are dominating the blogosphere, it's nice to have a breath of fresh air and I do miss reading "old" books. That just gave me an idea for my blog! *haha, rambling to self*. It's fantastic that you are trying to be healthier, eating healthy is hard, especially when I'm surrounded by desserts everyday, sigh. I hope you slay your project, have a great February ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I've heard such conflicting things about The Goldfinch, I need to just go ahead and read the darn thing for myself lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s a huge book, so it’s a major time commitment, but I like it so far.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  4. I really love these posts <3 I also love re-watching Harry Potter movies (unlike Shadowhunters which I'm still not a fan of though I've watched all that's been released hoping for improvements). Well done on doing so well with your studies! I'm sure you'll do amazing on the project, schedules definitely help :) I hope you have another great month
    Enchanted by YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I watched another episode of Shadowhunters to see if it would improve, but nope. Still thought it was cheesy.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  5. Oh, I just love all things Harry Potter. It always makes me smile. haha I wish I could read faster too! I have so many books to read. I'm trying to get rid of a lot of older titles I won't ever read too, but that doesn't stop me from acquiring more or adding books to my wish list. I really want to read more international authors too though!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I got rid of a ton of books and then acquired a ton more. It’s a never-ending cycle.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  6. Pizza is health food...at least in my mind. I like to have a loose schedule to keep me focused even though I don't always end up following it. Good luck on your project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to give myself a schedule too or I never get stuff done. I have always worked on deadlines with mortgage so I think that is just trained into me.
    I have been craving pizza so much with pregnancy but I have only had it a couple times, so that is good!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings
    Enter my Ultimate Scavenger Hunt Giveaway


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel better with a schedule because it helps me prioritize, and then I feel like I’m actually getting the important stuff done.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  8. Awk, pizza is life. It's honestly the worst invention because how easy would it be to be perfectly healthy if pizza didn't exist?! bUT OMG HOW CAN I EVEN SAY THIS PIZZZZZA. *ahem* I've wanted to read the Goldfinch for ages. How are you finding it?!
    And good luck for your schedule! :D

    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like The Goldfinch so far, but I’m only about 450 pages into it, and it’s huge.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  9. You have been having quite the January! Glad your plans and goals are working out. I think I'd do better with a schedule too...now I just have to get organised enough to schedule! ;-) I'm with you re Shadowhunters - I watched the first ep and that's it. I actually wanted to switch it off after just minutes but pushed through. It was truly terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! I just discovered your blog :) This post was great! I wish I could read faster too!! I know it's fine to read at your own pace but I just wish I could be quicker so I could fit more books in haha :P What are you studying at the moment?

    Also, pizza is indeed life. Though actually I think fried chicken is my true downfall.
    Here's my blog if you're interested. I didn't post at all in January I don't think :/ I'm trying to be better though!

    ReplyDelete