Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: 2015 YA Releases I Failed To Read


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is top ten 2015 releases that I meant to read, but didn’t. I decided to only focus on YA novels because there are a lot of books that I failed to read last year. Let me know if I should read any of these.


Ten 2015 Releases I Failed to Read



1. Red Queen – Victoria Aveyard. I was excited for this one when I first read the synopsis, but then I started seeing a lot of “Meh” reviews. I lost interest in it.


2. An Ember in the Ashes – Sabaa Tahir. I was waiting for this one to go on sale at my local bookstore because I didn’t want to pay full price. It still hasn’t gone on sale. It's not even in-stock anymore.


3. All the Bright Places – Jennifer Niven. I actually own this book. I got it last summer, but I still haven’t read it. It’s just been sitting on the shelf.


4. My Heart and Other Black Holes – Jasmine Warga. I was attracted to the melodramatic title, but I’m not sure how much the actual story would interest me. It seems like I’ve read a lot of these types of stories before.


5. Illuminae – Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. I might still read this one. I’m waiting for the hype to die down. (And for my TBR pile to get a little smaller so I can justify buying more books.)


6. I’ll Meet You There – Heather Demetrios. This is another book I own. I will read it. Eventually. I promise.


7. Made You Up – Francesca Zappia. I’ve seen awesome reviews of this book, but I kind of lost interest in reading it.


8. Things We Know by Heart – Jessi Kirby. The premise and ARC reviews sounded promising. I think this book just fell off my bookish radar. I never got around to buying it.


9. More Happy Than Not – Adam Silvera. I own this one! It will be read this year.



10. Walk on Earth a Stranger – Rae Carson. I recently bought this book, and I’m so excited to read it.  




11 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed An Ember in the Ashes and definitely recommend it. I liked Red Queen too but I know it's a bit of a love/hate book. I really need to read Illuminae too, I keep hearing good things about that one!

    --Nicola Reads YA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh I've read a few but missed the other few as well hehe
    Great list!

    Laura @ psilovethatbook

    ReplyDelete
  3. Al the Bright Places made my list too. You have a couple others I want to read though as well - I'll Meet You There, Made You Up, More Happy than Not and Illuminae. I own most of those so no reason not to. Good luck with getting them read!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't get around to reading any of these either but I've heard such good things about all of them! :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least now I'm not the only person that didn't read Illuminae. I don't even own the book! It's definitely time to change that, gosh.

    - Jen from The Bookavid

    ReplyDelete
  6. Red Queen was on my list this week too.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/01/12/top-ten-tuesday-39/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Illuminae was so good! All the Bright Places, and More Happy Than Not are on my list too.
    - Emma @ Emma Likes Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. The only one I've read is Red Queen. I'm afraid I am one of those 'meh' reviewers. If I get the opportunity then I may read the second book in the series, but there was nothing that stood out about it for me. Having said that, a lot of people love it! So I guess it depends on the individual!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought All the Bright Places when it was on sale in the summer and haven't read it either. I hope to get to it this year. I did enjoy Illuminae. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of the books you've mentioned, I read Red Queen in 2015. I don't typically read newly released books, they have to really captivate me, but Red Queen did that. I loved it and can't wait for the next book to come out. I did see a lot of the meh reviews, and I know a lot of people who read that kind of genre regularly found it be samey samey, but I think with most books there will be those who love and those who aren't so keen.

    I hope to get round to My Heart and Other Black Holes this year.

    Reading With Jade

    ReplyDelete
  11. The only book I have that is on your list is Illuminae and I never got to read it last year but it is on my list to read this year. My son actually wants to read it so I have to hurry in reading it. So many books and not enough time

    ReplyDelete