Sunday, January 10, 2016

The Sunday Post #32


The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news.


On The Blog Last Week





On The Blog This Week


  • On Monday I review Blankets by Craig Thompson.
  • On Tuesday I list the 2015 releases that I failed to read.
  • On Wednesday I review Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta.
  • On Thursday I tell you how I read diversely and still managed to fail at reading diversely.
  • On Friday I talk about Mockingjay Part 2.
  • On Saturday I list 16 books I want to read in 2016.



In My Reading Life


I started the week with wicked-bad eyestrain courtesy of the Giant Essay From Hell, so at the end of the week, I read two short-ish books: Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigalupi and Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley. Now I’m reading In Darkness by Nick Lake.



In My Blogging Life


It’s my goal to post every day for the first 16 days of January. So far, I’ve made it to day 10. This has been a lot of blogging, but the blog reached 2,000 comments last week, so thank you! (Except for the non-English-speaking person who keeps spamming the comments with links to a mattress store. My current mattress is meeting all of my mattress needs, but thank you for your concern.)

I also have a 2016 Challenge page now. There’s not much on it yet.



In the rest of my life


Last week sucked a little because most of it was spent writing an essay, but here are five things that made me happy:

  1. The next round of edits on the Giant Essay From Hell are done.
  2. Re-watching the Harry Potter movies while on the treadmill.
  3. Writing bunches of blog posts.
  4. Researching obscure books that will be released this year.
  5. This picture:



I hope you had a great week! See you around the blogosphere!







11 comments:

  1. Ha love that picture!!! It is true. Hopefully next week is a better week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why but the mattress comment made me laugh so hard my roommate gave me a weird look. I hope you have a fantastic week :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was laughing as I was deleting the mattress comment spam. It does seem a little random.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  3. Haha great pic! (And also the mattress comment XD). Glad to see you have such a great start to 2016!

    Obsessive Compulsive Reader

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the positivity via the what made you happy list!

    Am off to check out your fave books from last year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on making it to day 10!! And congrats on completing your essay edits! Oh, and I love that picture! :P Have a great week!

    Here's my Weekly Recap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your asshat picture made me laugh. I need to read Jellicoe Road, I've heard great things about it. Hope you have a great week coming up!
    Check out my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you positive that you don't need a mattress? I am sorry but that made me laugh out loud. Sorry that the Giant Essay from Hell gave you eyestrain but it sounds like you are making some progress on it. I can't wait for all of your posts and thanks for the chuckle. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete