My name is Aj (Ashley). I live in the flat part of Colorado with my dogs. I have a B.A. in English literature from the University of Colorado Denver and a publishing certificate from Western State Colorado University. Right now, I’m a student in the writing for children and young adults M.F.A. program at Spalding University. I hope to become an editor and maybe start my own publishing company.
Other than reading, writing, and reviewing books, I enjoy traveling and doing outdoorsy things. I love to hike, bike, camp, and cross-country ski. I’m also a huge hockey fan.
Five Bookish Facts About Me
1. The first “grown-up” book I ever read was Stephen King’s The Tommyknockers. I was 11 years old when I read it, and it changed everything.
|Me, when I was 11.|
2. My favorite author is currently Margaret Atwood.
3. At one point, I owned over 100 books about cults. Yes, I read them all. Yes, I would like to read more, if you have any recommendations.
4. I can listen to music while writing, but I need silence to read.
5. A book has never made me cry (no, not even The Fault In Our Stars).
|Camping + Dogs + Margaret Atwood book = Best Day Ever|
|Wrestling the wildlife in Florida.|
|The flat part of Colorado|