Sunday, January 31, 2016

The Sunday Post #35


The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news.



On The Blog Last Week






On The Blog This Week


  • On Monday I review Midwinterblood by Marcus Sedgwick.
  • On Tuesday I list books with awesomely weird settings.
  • On Wednesday I review I’ll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson.
  • On Thursday I wrap up January.
  • On Saturday I show you my accidental book haul.





In My Reading Life


I’ve been trying to read some of the unread literary journals that I’ve been hoarding for the past few years. I don’t count journals toward my reading challenges or talk about them on the blog, but I like reading them, and I own way too many.

I’m also still working on The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt. I still have about 300 pages to go. After that, I’m reading the shortest book I can find on my TBR shelf.




In The Rest Of My Life


Five things that made me happy last week:

  1. I didn’t spend too much time obsessing over The Giant Essay From Hell.
  2. Since I’ve been getting rid of so many books, I have a zillion credits for the used bookstore.
  3. The zillion credits led to an accidental book haul. I’m technically supposed to be on a book-acquiring ban until Mount TBR is at a sane level. Oops.
  4. Playing with my dogs.
  5. I found an affordable dentist who told me why I have weird holes in my teeth—turns out I grind my teeth while I sleep. Who knew?




I hope you had a great week! See you around the blogosphere!








16 comments:

  1. Wow, you've gotten a lot done this week! I'm currently debating the best way to get rid of some of my books, since my bookshelf is way too overcrowded. Book buying bans are always the hardest to follow, aren't they? I'm looking forward to your Tuesday post ono weird settings!
    Erika @ Books, Stars, and the Pages in Between

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting rid of books can be challenging. If there’s a used bookstore near you, that’s a good way to get rid of books. Also, if you don’t mind spending money for shipping, you can try paperbackswap.com.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  2. I hear you on wanting a short book after the Goldfinch! That thing was a beast for me. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand why you want to read a short book after the Goldfinch! I've just finished an 800+ book myself and I just need a little break :)

    Aeriko @ The Reading Armchair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it feels weird not to finish any books in a week. I want to read short books just so I can finish something.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  4. My husband is a teeth grinder, he's supposed to wear a guard at night but never does sigh... Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I need to start wearing a guard, too. My teeth hurt from the grinding, so hopefully that’ll be incentive to wear it.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  5. That's such a productive week! Good on you! Have a great week and happy reading!

    Laura @ http://a-reader-lives-a-thousand-lives.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! Accidental book hauls are definitely not the worse that could happen! :P Especially when I assume you didn't have to actually spend any money! Have a great week!

    Here's my Weekly Recap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, I just traded books for other books. Doing that did not help my TBR pile, though. The pile grew in January instead of shrank.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  7. I had an accidental book haul this weekend myself....it happens. I love playing with dogs. I sometimes pick my next book out based completely on how long it is. You need a short one after such a long book. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love short books. They make me feel like I’m accomplishing something. :)

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a very productive week! Accidental book hauls are the best :)

    Obsessive Compulsive Reader

    ReplyDelete
  9. I grind my teeth too and mine is something to do with my jaw. Apparently!

    At least you broke your own book ban by trying to cleanse yourself of those pesky credits! ;-)

    ReplyDelete