Sunday, October 9, 2016

The Sunday Post #68


The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news. It’s Monday, What Are You Reading? is hosted by Book Date. I get to tell you what I’ve read recently.



On The Blog Last Week





On The Blog This Week


  • On Monday I review The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate.
  • On Tuesday I show you the YA books Goodreads thinks I should read.
  • On Wednesday I review The Gigantic Beard that was Evil by Stephen Collins.
  • On Thursday we talk about why I don’t review ARCs.



In My Reading Life


My reading went a bit off-plan last week. I read A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab, and it made me really want to reread A Darker Shade of Magic, even though I’ve already read it twice. So, I reread it again. If you can’t tell, I like this series.




In The Rest of My Life


Five things that made me happy last week:

  1. Purging books. I got rid of 24 books and cleared some shelf space.
  2. I turned in my final giant grad school assignment. I guess I’m on fall break right now? It doesn’t feel like it. I’m still stressing about everything.
  3. Chinese food.
  4. Halloween candy.
  5. Writing and posting my September Wrap-Up. Those always make me feel accomplished.




I hope you had a great week! See you around the blogosphere!









19 comments:

  1. I really need to read A Darker Shade of Magic! I've heard so many things about it but still haven't gotten around to it! Hurray for Chinese food and Halloween candy! :D Have a great week!

    Here's my Weekly Recap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Everyone should read A Darker Shade of Magic. It’s a fun series.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  2. I love the feeling I get after purging books...or anything. I removed a few items from my little cart in the bedroom. Onward and upward!

    I had Chinese food yesterday (or, maybe it was Asian fusion).

    Enjoy your week, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chinese food. I was just thinking about that yesterday- I haven't had it in ages. Now I'm having a craving. :) And I'm not a big candy eater but this time of year I want all the Krackels.

    I clearly should have read your Sept. wrap up post because you mini- reviewed the Maze Runner movies and I missed that. I feel largely the same, and am kinda bummed about the third one being delayed- hopefully they make it? Also between the water main and the dog escaping- you had quite a month! Loved the pics, especially of the stream and the trees that look like they're forming an archway. :)

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope they make the last Maze Runner movie, too. I’m curious to see how the series ends, but I don’t want to read the books.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  4. Oh don't stress too much and I hope you get a bit of a break! And I wouldn't worry about your reading going off-plan. I think that's good sometimes when we jump about because something grabs our interest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I’m trying not to stress too much. I’m so close to graduating that I’m feeling a little frantic. So much to do.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  5. I still need to read that series. I know so many love it. Yay for purging books!!! Chinese food makes me happy too. Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you've read ADSOM 3 times!?? I really must get started on this series. I bought book 1 weeks ago. It's time to make to for it and soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I’ve read it three times. I’m trash when it comes to Victoria Schwab. I’ll buy anything she writes.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  7. Nothing to add--just flailing over here as I do whenever Schwab is mentioned. Seriously my best discovery of 2016.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I flail when I see her books on other people’s blogs, so I totally understand.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  8. I will really have to get a copy of A Darker Shade of Magic. I have looked at it on Amazon many times but never pushed the "Buy" button. It must be good if you've read it multiple times. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Purging books feels kind of great. I feel like I can focus on the books I adored and the ones I am really excited to read!

    Have a great week and enjoy that Halloween candy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I often find the books Goodreads recs to be interesting... Although I must say I've never picked up any of the recommendations, as of yet! Also, look forward to your graphic novel review on Wednesday.

    Purging books can feel so liberating, and yay, shelf space. And Halloween candy is so tempting!

    I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve never picked up a Goodreads recommendation, either. I am curious about a few of them, though.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete