Thursday, October 27, 2016

October Currently . . .


I’m Currently . . .



Reading: Leaving Fishers by Margaret Peterson Haddix.



Watching: I binge-watched all six seasons of Game of Thrones this month. I need to know what happens next! They can’t just stop there! Also, I’m tempted to read the books, which is completely ridiculous. There are about 200 books on my TBR list right now. I don’t need more.



Planning: To graduate from grad school. This is happening in 24 days. Holy crap. I have a lot of stuff to do.



Stocking up on: Nonfiction books. I’m going to read more nonfiction next year. I tell myself that every year, but I’m actually going to do it this time. Maybe. Hopefully.



Getting rid of: Fiction books. I’m trading them for nonfiction books. And probably some young adult books because I have no self-control.



Wishing for: No more politics, please. Just put us out of our misery already.



Looking forward to: My trip to Mammoth Cave National Park. I’m going the day after I graduate, and I’ll probably be an exhaustion zombie, but I don’t care. I’m going to zombie my way through some caves.



Blogging: I have to take a blogging hiatus next month. There won’t be any posts between November 11 and November 21. After the 21st, things will slowly go back to normal.



Obsessing over: The Blogging from A to Z Challenge. It doesn’t happen until next April, but I’m trying to plan ahead because I have 26 posts to write for it. It’s really hard to come up with bookish topics for some of the letters.



Celebrating: Halloween! Well, not yet, but soon. I’ll probably spend it eating candy and reading a book. Sounds like a good holiday to me.





What have you been doing in October? 





14 comments:

  1. "I have to take a blogging hiatus next month. There won’t be any posts between November 11 and November 21."

    Humph. Fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, blame school. They’re making me go to Kentucky and do a bunch of real-life stuff.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  2. Hate to play devil's advocate (not really, I used to be a lawyer so I LOVE to play devil's advocate), but you really SHOULD add the Song of Ice and Fire books to your TBR. They're so good! I'm not especially into fantasy as a genre and I love them so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I always tell myself that I'm going to read more non fiction books, never really works out that well. I guess I'll just have to live vicariously through others. Hope you have a good graduation! (is that something people say?)
    Fleur @ FranklyBooks just posted What am I? A Sheep. | 4 Books I Haven't Read, Because Someone Else Hates Them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I’m going to try hard to read more nonfiction. There’s some awesome nonfiction out there.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  4. All six seasons in one month?? That is impressive! XD I'm anxiously awaiting the next season too! To be honest, I refuse to read the books until he's completed the series (which I have no confidence he'll actually do). I'm not remotely interested in investing that much time in a series that will never be completed. :/ And I'm totally with you on the politics. Election day can't get here soon enough!

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, all six season in one month. I was sick for 2 weeks, so I just watched GoT and felt sorry for myself.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  5. I hope you enjoy your post grad trip to the National Park. I hope you have a lovely November!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait, did you watch all six 6 seasons FOR THE FIRST TIME or again? Either way, this show is so good you're going to rewatch them eventually. And I highly recommend you read the books. They first 3 are almost perfect. Better than the show. They're so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched them for the first time. I can totally see myself watching them again, and I’m trying to resist the books. I’m curious about them, though.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on your upcoming graduation! It is an accomplishment! What will you be doing next?
    I am also wishing for no more politics. I used to be quite interested, but now it all makes me want to crawl into a hole.
    I would like to read more nonfiction. I tell myself that I will, but then don't carry on with it for long. I don't know why, because I have thoroughly enjoyed many that I have read, and they are usually more memorable for me.
    Planning ahead for your A-Z Challenge is a good idea. I have seen the challenge around in the past. I will have to take a serious look at it.
    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I’m not sure what’s going to happen to me after graduation. I have to find something to do with my life. Nonfiction is usually more memorable for me, too. I don’t know why I avoid it.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  8. I read the first 2.5 books of Martin's series during summer 2015, then ran out of steam. I just feel like they are such a commitment, and I need lots of time to get through them. I've only watched a few episodes of the TV show.

    I signed up to be a nonfiction judge for the CYBILS this year, so I know I'll be reading more NF than usual! It will definitely be a stretch for me. I have really loved some NF books, but they are more challenging to get into (usually).

    Very exciting that you are graduating soon!

    ReplyDelete