Thursday, October 20, 2016

The Autumn Reading Tag


This is The Autumn Reading Tag. I think it started on BookTube, but I’ve seen it around the blogosphere lately, so I’m considering myself tagged.



The Autumn Reading Tag




1. Are there any books you plan on reading over the autumn season?

Um, yes. I’m always planning on reading books. Here’s what’s on my TBR list for the fall months.





2. September brings back to school nightmares memories: What book did you most enjoy studying? And what were your favorite and least favorite school subjects?

I did a whole post on forced school reads that weren’t (too) painful. The best book I studied in school was The Giver by Lois Lowry. I read it in middle school language arts. 

I hated pretty much everything about school, but if I had to pick a favorite subject, it would be either English or history. My least favorites were math, science, music, and P.E. Art class was also a disaster. Basically, child-me was a hot mess. (Teenage-me wasn’t much better.) 





3. October means Halloween: Do you enjoy scary books and films? If so, what are some of your favorites?

I don’t have much patience for movies, but I love scary/creepy/bizarre books. The best one I’ve read this year is Midwinterblood by Marcus Sedgwick. A ranking of my favorite Stephen King books can be found here.





4. With November, it's time for bonfire night and firework displays. What's the most exciting book you've read that really kept you gripped?

I’m not sure what the most exciting book I’ve ever read was, but The Hunger Games kept me riveted. No matter how many times I reread it, it’s always exciting.





5. What book is your favorite comfort read?

This may sound odd, but Stephen King books are my comfort reads. I’ve read a lot of them and usually know what to expect. It’s pretty rare for me to be super-disappointed in them.





6. Curled up with a good book, what is your hot drink of choice?

Hot chocolate is the only hot drink I like. Coffee and tea both make my stomach hurt. No idea why. Hot chocolate is awesome and never hurts me.





7. Any plans you’re looking forward to over the next few months?

Yes! I’m graduating from graduate school at the end of November. When I graduate, I will have been in college for 11 years, attended 4 different universities, and earned 3 degrees. I’m so ready to be done with my education.





What are your fall plans?






7 comments:

  1. I don't think it's weird that Stephen King's books make for comfort reading. Comfort reading is all about returning to the familiar and being enveloped in writing you enjoy... Even if the plots aren't all too comforting!

    I always have tea on hand when reading, but that is often switched out for a good old hot chocolate as the months draw in colder.

    Wow! November is going to be a big month for you really! A huge congratulations on getting through 11 years of higher education and working on that for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved The Hunger Games and was super into them when I read them. Congrats on graduating in November!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who sets off fireworks in November? Is this a regional thing?

    I like your memes, though I imagine you spending way too much time on them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think a lot of people view Stephen King as a comfort read, even though he's a horror writer. And I like scary/ bizarre books too this time of year, although oddly I haven't read many scary reads this year. And I've never read The Hunger Games...

    Fun tag! I think Life As We Knew It looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Autumn is definitely my favourite season, just because nothing beats reading inside with a hot drink beside me :) And it's the perfect time to reread something gritty, like the Hunger Games!
    Oh wow, you're been in school for such an impressive time! How you've managed to keep your sanity intact is a mystery to me, but you're so close to being done! Congratulations for making it so far!

    Erika @ Books and Stars

    ReplyDelete
  6. You must be so thrilled to be graduating soon! That's a long time... I don't think I'd last without going crazy ahah. A big celebration with books and hot chocolate must be in order!
    I hope Autumn treats you well :) apart from winter it's the best season to stay curled up with a book so I love it for that!
    Enchanted by YA

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read The GIver at school too and it wasn't so painful at all. I also am someone who doesn't well with horror movies but I do love my creepy books and the horror genre when it's translated into words. Hot drinks are lovely in autumn and winter <3 Hope you can read all those books!

    ReplyDelete