Sunday, October 23, 2016

The Sunday Post #70


The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news. It’s Monday, What Are You Reading? is hosted by Book Date. I get to tell you what I’ve read recently.



On The Blog Last Week





On The Blog This Week


  • On Monday I review Life as We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer.
  • On Tuesday I tell you why I read horror.
  • I don’t have posts written for Wednesday and Thursday yet, but I’ll try to get something up.



In My Reading Life


I’m still sick. That’s why I’m behind on reading and blogging. Last week, I read Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk and Does My Head Look Big in This? by Randa Abdel-Fattah. Up next is Me Before You by Jojo Moyes.





In The Rest Of My Life


Five things that made me happy last week:

  1. Halloween decorations.
  2. I got my mail-in ballot. That means this election stuff is almost over. Then I won’t have to see campaign ads anymore.
  3. I’m still binge watching Game of Thrones.
  4. I think I may have written my last essay ever. No more essays. Ever. That sounds really strange.
  5. #TrumpBookReport. Twitter imagines how Trump would review famous books. The results are hilarious.




I hope you had a great week! See you around the blogosphere.










17 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better! And enjoy your new reads- Sleeping Giants was quite interesting, and Angel catbird. A cat/ owl hybrid? Hmm, that might be fun. :)

    I'll have to check out #TrumpBookReport.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! A cat/owl hybrid is a pretty unusual combination. I hope I like the book.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  2. That's some interesting new books. I hope you feel better so you can enjoy them. I'm curious about the twitter Trump thing. I can only imagine...or not. LOL

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...I hope you get better soon.

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Catch you over @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really looking forward to your review of Life As We Knew It! I've had my eye on that book for a long time. Hurray for your ballot! I got mine too and really need to fill it out. Have a great week :D

    Here's my Weekly Recap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn’t like Life as We Knew it as much as I hoped I would. It wasn’t horrible, but I was underwhelmed.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  5. I hope you feel better! I just bought the audiobook of Fight Club. How did you like it? Congrats on your last essay ever!

    Have a wonderful week!

    Tina @ As Told By Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The writing style in Fight Club got on my nerves, but the book does give you a lot to think about.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  6. I did a bit of a binge session reading all the #TrumpBookReport tweets I could find...a bit of a break from all the mean-spirited campaign nuttiness...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay on doing your last report and your elections 'almost' being done and dusted. We're even getting a lot of the news and memes over here, so I can't imagine what it's like there!

    Hope you're enjoying GOT. I left it too long after watching s1 to watch s2 so didn't remember anyone and so I ditched it.

    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I’m so ready for the election stuff to be over. It’s been crazy all year.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  8. I like your list of five things that "make me happy." A nice tradition each week.

    I'm curious about Life As We Knew It.

    Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I didn’t like Life as We Knew It as much as I hoped I would.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  9. #TrumpBookReport has had a lot of funny ones. I hope you feel better soon. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So I'm not the only bookish person left who hasn't read Me Before You! I hope you feel better soon and have a great week :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I felt like the last person alive who hadn’t read Me Before You. I’m about halfway through it right now.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete