1. The month started with a bang. Literally. Something exploded under the street, and the water pipes to my house had to be shut off. If you wanted to pee at my house, you had to scoop water from a bucket and dump it in the toilet. Luckily, everything got fixed pretty quickly.
2. A few weeks after the street exploded, I was taking a shower during a windstorm, and the wind slammed my front door open. If you own a pet, then you know that if a door is open for more than 1.76 seconds, the pet will exit the house. My idiot dog, Cheyenne, escaped and went rampaging through the neighborhood. I jumped out of the shower, threw on a few clothes, and ran down the street barefoot while screaming “Cheyenne, get back here!” and trying to keep my hair conditioner out of my eyes. (That stuff stings.) I apologize to my neighbors. I did catch the dog, though.
|My dogs showing their talent for running. Cheyenne is the brown one.|
3. At the end of the month, there was a gas leak in my house. Do you know where I was while my home was filling with deadly gas? In the shower. Why do bad things always happen when I’m naked?
4. Let’s talk about something that happened while I was clothed. Remember that lecture I was working on for months? Well, it’s going to be a real thing. In November, a bunch of writers are going to spend 30 minutes of their lives listening to me talk about nonlinear narrative structure. Cue the crippling panic.
5. I took my camera exploring and now have way too many pictures.
Books I Read
I read 11 books in September. There were a bunch I liked and none I wanted to burn, so it was a successful reading month.
All the Bright Places – Jennifer Niven
The One and Only Ivan – Katherine Applegate
The Gigantic Beard that was Evil – Stephen Collins
The Exorcist – William Peter Blatty
I also made progress on my reading challenges. Click here to see how I'm doing.
Best Books of September
2. All the Bright Places – Jennifer Niven
3. The One and Only Ivan – Katherine Applegate
Tentative October TBR
Here’s what I hope to read in October. I won’t be able to get to all of them because several of them are massive.
All The Things!
All The Things (AKA number of unread books on my TBR shelf) = 27 books.
I’m currently reading A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab.
I hope you have a fabulous October!