Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Series I’ve Quit This Year (So Far)


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is top ten bookish things I’ve quit. I chose to list series that I’ve quit this year. I could only come up with six. I don’t read many series, and I’m a habitual series-quitter. I quit way more series than I finish. Please don’t hate me if I list your favorite books here, but let me know if I should continue with any of these.


Series I’ve Quit This Year (So Far)



Magonia – Maria Dahvana Headley. I just couldn't relate to the narrators. They’re too whiny for my tastes. I don’t think I could read a whole series written from their points-of-view.



The Purgatorium – Eva Pohler. Book #1 was free on Amazon, and it sounded like a good horror story. Unfortunately, I struggled to finish it. It’s too unbelievable to be scary.



Sky Jumpers – Peggy Eddleman. This middlegrade dystopia has a kickass heroine, but I want more science in my science fiction. It's a good book, but it doesn't fit my personal taste.



The Lunar Chronicles – Marissa Meyer. I can drive a hover car through the massive logic holes.



If I Stay – Gayle Forman. I like books with drama and flawed characters. These characters are just too sweet for me.



The Wrath & The Dawn – Renée Ahdieh. I love the side characters, but I didn't love the romance. 


What series have you quit this year?  




16 comments:

  1. I've heard that Where She Went is even better than If I Stay! Maybe not give up on that yet? And I've heard so many awesome things about The Wrath and The Dawn, I'm sorry you didn't like the romance. Still deciding whether to read it or not!

    Ranu @ The Araliya Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any books on this list, other than Cinder. Sorry to hear you didn't like it. I can't remember what books I've DNFed, since there are so few of them.

    My TTT

    Lizzie @ Big Books and Grande Lattes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I preferred Where She Went to If I Stay, so that might be worth a try. It wasn't the best book, but more enjoyable to me. And the characters seemed more real.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that Where She Went was better. I really enojyed the Lunar Chronicles. I have The Wrath adn the Dawn onmy TBR so we will see how I feel about that one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only tried Cinder. I say tried because I put it down months ago and have yet to pick it back up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read If I Stay years ago, like before anyone had really heard of it and did not enjoy it. I'm still not sure why it became a movie, though I might be too harsh on a book I hardly remember.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only ones on your list that I've read are Cinder and If I Stay, and I DNF'd both! I didn't even make it halfway through If I Stay. I enjoyed Cinder well enough but I hated Scarlet! It made my list today. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do hate to give up series but sometimes it's necessary. LOL about the hover car comment... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want to read Magonia and The Wrath and the Dawn! It's too bad you didn't enjoy them :(

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  10. No... not the Lunar Chronicles series! They only get better! Oh well, everyone is entitled to their own opinions ;) I have seen some popular books on here but Cinder is the only one I have read as well...

    ReplyDelete
  11. That part about the hover car killed me 😆

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read If I Stay when it first came out and I didn't mind it, but I never felt compelled to pick up the second book.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, there are a few on your list that will cause some controversy! I agree with you on If I Stay, but I have to admit that I LOVED The Wrath and The Dawn. And I'll keep going with the Lunar Chronicles, too!
    Beth x
    www.theqietpeople.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wasn't crazy about If I Stay either - thought I was the only one!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  15. Slow clapping about Magonia! I am right there with you. Please no more bird people! I LOOOOVED Wrath though. So much. And like, I kind of get what you mean about Cinder, honestly. I found it fun in a predictable kind of way, but definitely not mind blowing or anything. Oh, and I liked Where She Went much better than If I Stay, actually, fwiw.
    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete