Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is ten wishes I’d ask the book genie to grant me.
1. The ability to read faster. I’m a slow reader with a huge TBR pile. That’s not a good combination.
2. The ability to understand every language. The only language that I speak fluently is English. Do you know how many books I’m missing by not being able to understand other languages?
3. All the money. Yeah, books are expensive.
4. Unlimited shelf space. Books take up a lot of room. I’m constantly running out of shelves.
5. The ability to absorb an author’s talent. Have you ever read something awesome and said, “Damn, I wish I could write like that”?
6. Knowledge of the classics. For the most part, I enjoy reading classics, but some of them are absolute slogs. I want to understand what these books are about, but I don’t actually want to read them.
7. All the ARCs. I want to ask for an ARC and have it appear in my hands immediately.
8. The ability to travel to fictional worlds. Basically, I want to go to Hogwarts in real life.
9. The ability to write awesome book reviews. Have you ever read a review where the reviewer says everything that you wanted to say, but they say it much better than you ever could? I want to be that person who writes awesome book reviews.
10. The ability to become a fictional character. I want to be a beautiful, immortal, time-traveling badass with superpowers and an unrealistically perfect boyfriend. That would be great.
What wish would you ask the book genie to grant you?