The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news.
On The Blog Last Week
- On Monday I reviewed Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley.
- On Tuesday I listed 10 wishes for YA.
- On Wednesday I reviewed In Darkness by Nick Lake.
- On Thursday I told you what I’ve been up to in January.
On The Blog This Week
- On Monday I review Midwinterblood by Marcus Sedgwick.
- On Tuesday I list books with awesomely weird settings.
- On Wednesday I review I’ll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson.
- On Thursday I wrap up January.
- On Saturday I show you my accidental book haul.
In My Reading Life
I’ve been trying to read some of the unread literary journals that I’ve been hoarding for the past few years. I don’t count journals toward my reading challenges or talk about them on the blog, but I like reading them, and I own way too many.
I’m also still working on The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt. I still have about 300 pages to go. After that, I’m reading the shortest book I can find on my TBR shelf.
In The Rest Of My Life
Five things that made me happy last week:
- I didn’t spend too much time obsessing over The Giant Essay From Hell.
- Since I’ve been getting rid of so many books, I have a zillion credits for the used bookstore.
- The zillion credits led to an accidental book haul. I’m technically supposed to be on a book-acquiring ban until Mount TBR is at a sane level. Oops.
- Playing with my dogs.
- I found an affordable dentist who told me why I have weird holes in my teeth—turns out I grind my teeth while I sleep. Who knew?
I hope you had a great week! See you around the blogosphere!