Thursday, October 8, 2015

10 Signs That You Read Too Much Young Adult Fiction

I’m linking back to Feed Your Fiction Addiction and It Starts At Midnight. They host the 2015 Discussion Challenge.


If you’re like me, then you’re an adult who loves young adult fiction. Here are 10 signs that you may be reading a little too much YA. If you’re experiencing any of these symptoms, put down the YA book and back away slowly.


10 Signs That You Read Too Much Young Adult Fiction



1. You’ve taken up archery and sword fighting. When a dystopian government seizes control of the world, you’ll be ready.


2. You’re waiting for someone to tell you about your magical ability. You seem like a normal person on the outside, but you must really be a witch, right? Or a demon hunter? Or maybe a werewolf? A fairy?


3. You’re pretty sure that you’re the Chosen One. There must be a prophecy about you somewhere. The world needs saving, and you're the only person who can save it.


4. You have so many problems. But you know that they’ll all go away once you find the right boyfriend. He’ll save you, and his love will fix everything.


5. You’re hiding a deep, dark secret. You know that your life would be less angsty if you told someone your secret, but you just can't tell anyone, even though the secret is totally ruining everything. Also, all of your friends are hiding deep, dark secrets of their own.


6. You’re confused about why your sixteenth birthday wasn’t awesome. Isn’t everything supposed to change when you turn sixteen? Weren’t your parents supposed to give you a car? Wasn’t there supposed to be a giant house party where you got drunk, fell in love, and lost your virginity?


7. You’re confused about why prom wasn’t awesome. Weren’t you supposed to get drunk, fall in love, and lose your virginity?


8. You’re completely prepared to take a surprise cross-country road trip. It’s inevitable that you and your best friends will have to take an unexpected drive across the country. You may come close to dying in a car accident along the way, but you’ll learn so many life lessons that it’ll be worth it.


9. You fell in love, instantly. You just walked into a room one day, saw a boy standing there, and BAM! You’re in love.


10.  . . . but, you’re still waiting for the other guy. You want to marry your boyfriend, but where’s the sexy stranger who’s supposed to complete your love triangle?




12 comments:

  1. I'm an adult who loves reading YA! These signs are hilarious and on point for sure! Haha, taking up archery is something I've wanted to do for years now. Once I do, I will only respond to the name Katniss. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super funny! Especially #8. I love road trip books but it ridiculous how prepared they are for it on no notice. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha.. yes! Honestly, I've always wanted to learn sword-fighting and archery before a certain someone became so popular :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it bad that a lot of these relate to me? Ahah what a hilarious post :'D
    Oh and I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha this list is too cute! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha this is a funny list! The last two in particular are hilarious, forever waiting for that love triangle!
    Great post :)

    -- Nicola Reads YA

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this. I may have wanted to take archery lessons after reading The Hunger Games. :P

    Sarah @ The Reading Petal

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahaha you had me cracking up at this! All the YA tropes in one wonderful post. I do love my YA but yes, we do have our over done topics as well <3 I am pretty sure I am waiting for my magic ability to be told to me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, I loved this! It's scary accurate. Number 1 is actually very true for me...ever since I've began to read, I felt the need to at least know how to hold a sword and shoot an arrow. And thus I signed myself up for fencing and archery, and I've gotten some weird looks since I've never shown interest in it until now. But like you said, when a dystopian government takes over, I'll be ready!
    ~Erika @ Books, Stars, Writing. And Everything In Between.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Number three is hilarious! :D I'm an adult and read YA at times. These points are spot on. Number 9 is just too funny (and too true) for words! Am I the only one whose mind flashed "Twilight" when I read that? Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bwhahahha this is FABULOUS! I AM looking for the sexy stranger. He is supposed to pop into my life any minute now, right? RIGHT?

    Meh, it's cool, I will just save the world with my bow and arrow. Let's see him not find me after THAT!

    This is seriously SO fun, and I may think these things on a regular basis ;)
    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete