The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news. It’s Monday, What Are You Reading? is hosted by Book Date. I get to tell you what I’ve read recently.
On The Blog Last Week
- On Monday I reviewed Nimona by Noelle Stevenson.
- On Wednesday I reviewed All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque.
- On Thursday I told you what I’ve been up to in July.
- On Friday I discussed all things DNF.
On The Blog This Week
- On Monday I review She is Not Invisible by Marcus Sedgwick.
- On Tuesday I show you some books I’d buy if I had money.
- On Wednesday I review Misery by Stephen King.
- On Thursday I wrap up July.
In My Blogging Life
I have eye problems, and they were especially annoying this week. You guys would totally laugh if you could see how massive the font on my computer screen is right now. When I proofread this post, I’m going to have to scroll for years. That’s how big it is. I think I did okay with commenting on other people’s blogs, but I’ve been neglecting the comments on my own. I read them, I promise. Replying just isn’t happening.
In My Reading Life
I kinda had a terrible reading week, and I can’t even blame my eyes for it. First, I DNFed Say You’re One of Them by Uwem Akpan. That’s my second DNF of the year. I decided to stop reading because the stories are unnecessarily long, and the dialect got on my nerves. Then I read Dracula by Bram Stoker. I wasn’t a fan of this one, either, but I finished it. Up next is Echo by Pam Munoz Ryan.
In The Rest Of My Life
Five things that made me happy last week:
- I bought books. Shh, don’t tell my book-buying ban.
- I got HBO. What should I watch?
- Playing fetch with my dog on a day when it wasn’t a million degrees. Incessantly throwing a tennis ball is slightly more pleasant when I’m not sweating like a fat kid chasing an ice cream truck.
- I made myself a schedule, and I actually followed it. I love it when that happens.
I hope you had a great week! See you around the blogosphere!