Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is top ten favorite authors. I needed a way to narrow down the list, so I only picked authors who are alive right now. Sorry, dead authors. Your list will have to wait.
10. Ellen Hopkins: Her books always amaze me. How can she tell such awesome stories in verse? It’s crazy.
9. Lois Lowry: The Giver gave child-me a love of dystopian fiction that has never gone away. Number the Stars was another childhood favorite.
8. Chuck Palahniuk: His books are just funny and weird. They make me happy.
7. Markus Zusak: I love his poetic writing style.
6. Gary Paulsen: Another childhood favorite. Hatchet is still one of my favorite books ever.
5. Rainbow Rowell: She creates some of the most relatable characters I’ve come across so far.
4. John Green: He writes about interesting subjects. His books always make me think.
3. J.K. Rowling: Do I really have to explain this one? I love Harry Potter.
2. Stephen King: He gave me my love of reading. This blog might not exist without him.
1. Margaret Atwood: She writes description and develops characters better than any other author I’ve read.