Sunday, April 19, 2015

The Sunday Post #2


The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news.



On My Blog Last Week



I’m pretty happy with how my Thursday discussion post turned out. Thank you to everyone who read it. I’m thinking about doing a spin-off discussion based on the comments I received. Look for that sometime in the next few weeks.


On My Blog This Week

  • On Monday I review Wizard and Glass by Stephen King.
  • On Tuesday I list my top ten favorite living authors.
  • On Wednesday I review Sky Jumpers by Peggy Eddleman.
  • On Thursday I show you the latest books I’ve acquired.
  • On Friday I tell the story behind my blog’s name.


My Reading Life

This week was another great reading week. I finished all 699 pages of Wizard and Glass. Then I read two middle grade novels (Sky Jumpers by Peggy Eddleman and Hachiko Waits by Lesléa Newman). Then I read a stage play script (Doubt: A Parable by John Patrick Shanley). Next I’m reading A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab. I’m way, way behind on reviews. I promise I’ll get them all done.

I’ve also decided to take a short break from The Dark Tower series now that I’m halfway through it. I love the series, but the books are so long that I feel like I’m spending a ton of time reading and thinking about them. I want to battle the rest of my TBR mountain for a few weeks. Look for more Dark Tower reviews in May.


 ~*~

As always, thank you for reading my blog. I really appreciate your support and comments.

8 comments:

  1. I hope that you are liking the book, I really enjoyed it after the first 100 pages!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've definitely had a busy week! I really enjoyed your review of Not a Drop to Drink! I need to check that one out for sure! Have a fantastic week! :D

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've had a busy week, and I need to read Not a Drop to Drink myself. I hope next week will be amazing as well. Happy reading.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do read Not A Drop To Drink. It’s different from the other dystopias I’ve been reading lately.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  4. Lovely blog! I LOVE your backdrop, very cool.

    Alisha @ myrainydayreads15.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great postsl this week.and awesome job on wizrd and glass

    I hope you enjoy :) Happy Reading!

    Here's my Weekly Wrap Up

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete