Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Confessions Of A Bookworm: Homework Enthusiasm


I saw this awesome Confessions meme on Parajunkee, and I thought I’d play along this week. The goal is to write a post about your most eccentric bookworm confession. So, here is mine:

Confession of the week: When I was in high school, our reading assignments were ridiculously easy. We had to read one chapter of the assigned book every night. I don’t like reading one short chapter at a time. I’d rather sit down for a few hours and read a bunch of chapters (or a whole book) at once.

Since I didn’t want to read one chapter a night, I was always way ahead on my assigned reading. But, when my friends asked if I’d done the reading, I always lied and said I was way behind. I don’t know why I lied. They all knew that I read a lot of books. Maybe I was embarrassed about being too enthusiastic about our homework. Or maybe I thought my friends would take advantage of me because they never did the reading and always needed someone to tell them what happened in the book. I don’t know. I just always felt like I needed to keep my assigned reading a secret.

What about you? Do you have any bookish confessions?


~*~

Question of the week: If you would only read one book in your whole life, which one would it be?


Answer: This is so hard. I’d probably pick The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood. That book makes me think, so it would keep me busy.

7 comments:

  1. I don't know how to read just one chapter. That's some medieval torture isn't it? I would have kept quiet too.

    One book, I know - that was so hard, but I managed it.

    Thanks for stopping over earlier.

    Marsha @ KeeperBookshelf.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was younger my teachers would make us predict what was going to happen in that night's reading. They told me I wasn't allowed to read ahead because I would spoil it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what I usually did! Except there was one year, I was going through a lot of personal stuff, but I didn't do any of the reading at all. Somehow I still got an A in the class, but I essentially just gave up on it. I've never read The Handmaiden's Tale, but maybe I will soon!

    Lizzie @ lizziethesarcasticblonde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have done exactly the same however at my school we would read each book together as a class with the teacher reading out loud. It was so tedious and I absolutely hated it! It also didn't help that my class was quite rowdy so it would take months to read one book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did the same thing! haha, us bookworms must think alike ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  6. The entire time I was in high school we read one book for class: The Lord of the Flies. The closet thing we had to required reading was Accelerated Reading, and honestly it wasn't really required. I feel like they jipped me lol. I've never read The Handmaiden's Tale.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The entire time I was in high school we read one book for class: The Lord of the Flies. The closet thing we had to required reading was Accelerated Reading, and honestly it wasn't really required. I feel like they jipped me lol. I've never read The Handmaiden's Tale.

    ReplyDelete