Thursday, April 9, 2015

Discussion: On Discussions


Discussion posts are one of my favorite things about book blogs, but I haven’t been writing any of them lately. I’ve just been focusing on memes and reviews. Memes are fun, and reviews are the point of this blog. (Well, reviews and amusing pictures that I find on the Internet.) I want to start writing discussions again, so I’m linking up with Feed Your Fiction Addiction and It Starts At Midnight to do the 2015 Discussion Challenge. I’m going to attempt to write at least one discussion post per month for the rest of the year.

This is how I look when I discuss literature.

So, let’s discuss discussions. Do you write discussion posts on your blog? Do you read them on other blogs? What topics do you enjoy reading about? If you do write discussions, which posts have been your most successful/interesting/thought-provoking? I’d love links to your discussions if you want to share them.

11 comments:

  1. I love reading discussions and all the wonderful comments. It seems like a way to unite everyone because with reviews and meme not everyone can relate. More people have something to say about discussions.
    I look forward to reading your discussions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. as a new-ish blogger I have to raise my hand and ask: and what is a discussion on the blog? I mean - what kind of post qualifies as a discussion?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think every blogger probably defines “Discussion” differently. I’m defining it as “A book-related topic that I want to blog about in depth.” If you want to see examples, there are a bunch of discussion posts in the April link-up on Feed Your Fiction Addiction:

      http://www.feedyourfictionaddiction.com/2015/04/april-2015-discussion-challenge-link-up-giveaway.html

      Delete
  3. I love writing a discussion post from time to time. The reviews are great but sometimes it's nice to talk about a more big picture thing. I look forward to seeing your discussion posts.
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you know, I write discussion posts on Books That Hook. I don't do it as often as I would like. I will check out the link on Feed Your Addiction. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve enjoyed the discussions you’ve posted on your blog so far.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  5. Doing discussion posts on my blog is a fairly new thing. I didn't used to post them, but since I love reading them so much on other blogs, I finally decided to start doing it this year. I found the 2015 Discussion Post challenge and it was just like a hint that I really needed to start doing it. In the last month I've been concentrating on discussions about blogging topics. But I doubt I'l stick with that forever.

    Shannon @ The Tale Temptress' FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve been enjoying the discussions you’ve posted on your blog so far. I think you’re very good at writing them.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  6. I write occasional discussion posts but it isn't a regularly scheduled thing for me. It's generally when I'm in a reading slump and can't write a regular review post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the reasons that I want to post discussions is because my reading has slowed down in the past few months. I’m not writing as many reviews as I want to, so I thought I’d try something else.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete