Sunday, April 26, 2015

The Sunday Post #3


The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news.


On My Blog Last Week



I also got curious and joined BookLikes this week. Other than posting reviews, I’m not sure what to do with it. I haven’t gotten a chance to play around with it yet. If you want to follow me on BookLikes, I’ll figure out how to follow you back. My site is http://ashleysterkel.booklikes.com/


On My Blog This Week

  • On Monday I review Doubt: A Parable by John Patrick Shanley.
  • On Tuesday I list books with memorable characters.
  • On Wednesday I confess my irrational fear of ARCs.
  • On Thursday I un-review Hachiko Waits by Lesléa Newman (Author) and Machiyo Kodaira (Illustrator).
  • On Friday I give mediocre advice about reading slumps.



In My Reading Life

I spent the whole week writing essays, so I didn’t get a ton of reading done. I finished A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab, and I DNFed Incarceration by M.G. Field. 

Next, I think I’m going to read The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank. One of the things on my 2015 reading challenge is “A book you were supposed to read for school but didn’t.” I was supposed to read The Diary of a Young Girl for a European history class that I took years ago, but the post office lost my book order. It didn’t show up until the day the essay was due. By that time, I’d already BSed my way through the essay, so I never bothered reading the book. I guess I can read it now.

Another cool thing that happened this week: V.E. Schwab Favorited my Tweet about how much I loved A Darker Shade of Magic. I don’t know why I’m so happy about a super-active Twitter user Favoriting a Tweet, but I am. It was the second-best thing that happened to me this week. The first-best was learning that Chipotle has started delivering. They don’t deliver in my town, but I have faith that they will someday (and that delivery won’t be as expensive as it is now). I think this week proves that I love burritos slightly more than I love books.


I’m starting to think that I lead a very sad life. 

6 comments:

  1. I love being able to communicate with authors on Twitter!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love burritos too. Having one from Los Tacos today for lunch. Thinking I might have a margarita too.LOL
    It's always thrilling when authors let you know they noticed.

    My Sunday Post - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/04/26/whats-new-on-my-bookshelf-106-and-the-sunday-post/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very cool about Twitter - I love if an author favorites a tweet. Also really looking forward to your post on ARCs - Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't have anywhere in town that sells Mexican food, I'm making Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas for dinner tomorrow though.

    Have a great reading week,
    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to get on with it and read A Darker Shade of Magic! Everyone loves it, and I loved the sample, and... *flaps*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely Harry and Hermione! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete