Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Characters I’d Like To Check In With


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is top ten characters I’d like to check in with now that their book (or series) is over.

1. Amy and Nick Dunne (Gone Girl – Gillian Flynn): I finished this book last month, and I’m still thinking about it. Did Amy and Nick ever suffer the consequences of their poor choices? Have they killed each other yet?

2. Charlie (The Perks of Being a Wallflower – Stephen Chbosky): I just really like this character and want to see more of him.

3. Holden Caulfield (The Catcher in the Rye – J.D. Salinger): Same situation as above. Also, this book doesn’t have a happy ending, so I want to know what happens next.

4. Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley (Harry Potter series – J.K. Rowling): Honestly, I never pictured their relationship working out long-term. They just never seemed like a good match to me. I want to know if they’re still married.



5. Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter series – J.K. Rowling): My favorite fictional character ever.

6. Harry Potter (Harry Potter series – J.K. Rowling): I bet he’s going to be on everybody’s list. Seriously, who doesn’t want more Harry Potter?

7. Gale Hawthorne (The Hunger Games series – Suzanne Collins): We get an epilogue about Katniss and Peeta, but we don’t get to see much of what Gale is doing. I’m also curious about how the world has changed since the government was overthrown.

8. Sutter Keely (The Spectacular Now – Tim Tharp): He’s an alcoholic. That can’t end well.

9. Hazel Grace Lancaster (The Fault in Our Stars – John Green): I want to know if she’s still alive. Is that morbid?

10. Eleanor Douglas and Park Sheridan (Eleanor & Park – Rainbow Rowell): I thought this book ended somewhat suddenly. I wasn’t ready for it to be over. Is it true that there’s going to be a sequel? That would be awesome.

17 comments:

  1. Hazel and all the Harry Potter characters made my list, too! I picked Cath over Eleanor, but I really want to know how she and Park are doing, too. I've seen them on a lot of lists today. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hazel, Harry Potter characters and Eleanor and Park made my lists too - I NEED TO KNOW IF ELEANOR AND PARK MAKE IT TOGETHER!!!
    Beth x
    www.thequietpeople.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I love love love the pic you included with the Hermione & Ron! Here's my TTT. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! We really did have a lot in common! I like how you included a few as pairs! I wish I would have thought of that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha super good point about Amy and Nick from Gone Girl! I don't know whether they would just stick with each other in this bubble of hatred or just kill each other. I would also really love to see more of the Harry Potter characters. I vote for a whole new adult book series! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! I would also love to check in the characters from Harry Potter and Catcher in the Rye!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. So manny great picks. I considered adding Amy and Nick Dunne and Hazel. Charlie is a great choice so is Gale. We got an epilogue for Katniss and Peeta but not Gale. Great list!
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read most of these, but I totally agree with all of the Harry Potter characters you chose! I don't think I've seen any lists without HP today!!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I completely forgot about Gale. It would be really nice to see his life after everything.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I certainly agree with all of the Harry Potter characters. They were great and I'd love to check in with them. I also agree with Charlie from POBAW. He had such a traumatic experience and I hope that he is recovering and getting along well after the fact.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gale! i think everyone was wayyy too focused on Peeta. Gale deserved so much more!!!!

    Great list!

    brooke @ booklife4life :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Luna Lovegood, my absolute favorite! I love her so much!

    Lizzie @ lizziethesarcasticblonde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hahha totally not morbid about Hazel- I wanted to know too! And I agree so much about Gale. He was such a brief mention, and I just can't see Katniss not having him in her life at all. Especially since his family probably lives in District 12 still! Great list :)
    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd really love to check in with all Harry Potter characters. And Gale! I don't think it's morbid to wonder about Hazel...but that could be because I want to know too. ;-) Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I totally forgot about Gale! He's actually one of my fav in THG, and I originally ship him with Katniss! I wonder if he's finally found someone else..

    Anyway, great list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your list is spot-on! I want to check in on Harry SOOO badly!

    Ranu @ The Bookish Life

    ReplyDelete
  17. Holden made my list, too. I really wanted to know if he managed to keep it together or if his family got him some help of some kind. I didn't include the Harry Potter characters, but I really wanted to. There were just so many characters I wanted to include, actually. ;)

    ReplyDelete