Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is top ten characters I’d like to check in with now that their book (or series) is over.
1. Amy and Nick Dunne (Gone Girl – Gillian Flynn): I finished this book last month, and I’m still thinking about it. Did Amy and Nick ever suffer the consequences of their poor choices? Have they killed each other yet?
2. Charlie (The Perks of Being a Wallflower – Stephen Chbosky): I just really like this character and want to see more of him.
3. Holden Caulfield (The Catcher in the Rye – J.D. Salinger): Same situation as above. Also, this book doesn’t have a happy ending, so I want to know what happens next.
4. Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley (Harry Potter series – J.K. Rowling): Honestly, I never pictured their relationship working out long-term. They just never seemed like a good match to me. I want to know if they’re still married.
5. Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter series – J.K. Rowling): My favorite fictional character ever.
6. Harry Potter (Harry Potter series – J.K. Rowling): I bet he’s going to be on everybody’s list. Seriously, who doesn’t want more Harry Potter?
7. Gale Hawthorne (The Hunger Games series – Suzanne Collins): We get an epilogue about Katniss and Peeta, but we don’t get to see much of what Gale is doing. I’m also curious about how the world has changed since the government was overthrown.
8. Sutter Keely (The Spectacular Now – Tim Tharp): He’s an alcoholic. That can’t end well.
9. Hazel Grace Lancaster (The Fault in Our Stars – John Green): I want to know if she’s still alive. Is that morbid?
10. Eleanor Douglas and Park Sheridan (Eleanor & Park – Rainbow Rowell): I thought this book ended somewhat suddenly. I wasn’t ready for it to be over. Is it true that there’s going to be a sequel? That would be awesome.