Friday, April 24, 2015

FF Friday: In Which I Explain My Stupid Blog Title


Feature & Follow is a weekly blog hop hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.

This week’s question: How did you come up with your blog title and address? Does it have a special meaning for you?

Answer: My blog became a book blog by accident. At the time I started it, I was reading a lot of diary-style personal blogs, and I thought I wanted one of those. That’s why my blog’s address is my name. It was originally intended to be read only by my friends and family. However, when I tried to write my “diary,” I discovered that I’m very, very boring. I had no idea what to blog about. So, I started blogging about the books I was reading and the writing projects I was doing. That’s how I became the proud owner of a book blog.

“Read All The Things!” comes from my TBR pile and a meme. My TBR pile is a literal pile of books. It used to be on a nightstand (and on the floor around the nightstand), but now it’s on a shelf. Years ago, I named this pile “All The Things,” as in “There are all the things I need to read.” Then I saw this picture on the Internet, and the blog title was born.



It’s not a good title, but it’ll do for now.



~*~

The follow part: If you are a book blogger and you leave a link to your blog in the comments below, I will follow you on Bloglovin’. I’d love it if you also followed me. If you want to be friends on Goodreads, TwitterBookLikes, or G+, that would be awesome, too. Click the links to go to my pages on those sites. I’m looking forward to “meeting” you.

14 comments:

  1. I think that read all the things is actually a very fitting name for a book blog! Thanks for visiting my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your title is a great name for a book blog! Love that meme too :)

    Thanks for visiting, I followed you on Bloglovin' and Twitter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this meme! Every time I see it, I can't help but giggle! Thanks for visiting my blog, I followed you on Twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. This is . . . this is gold. Really cool story! And your title is good for your blog :)

    Cee @ The Mistress Case

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the title. read all the things. my daughter says all the things to everything. love the story behind it too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the title! and the READ ALL THE THINGS picture is classic. I love it!

    Thanks for stopping by my #FF
    -- new bloglovin and twitter follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! That meme is funny! I really like your blog's name. I think you should keep it.

    My FF: http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2015/04/feature-follow-friday-blog-titles.html

    Old follower.

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha the meme is awesome :D great pick to a blog title. Thanks for following and I returned the follow XD

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great story! :-D I love your blog title as I think it pretty much defines all book bloggers and their reading! Well, it does mine. ;-) I'm with you about the TBR pile...mine is many shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the name, it is so true that our bookish selves want to read everything!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it's a good title!! IT IS MY LIFE AMBITION TO READ ALL THE THINGS. x)
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's originally and unique .Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    Old follower Silvy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! cool story and I love your blog name!
    Old follower but I fixed my bloglovin' problem and so just followed you there Also added you on goodreads.
    Check out my blog story here!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cool interesting story! I think naming something it's so complicated and I love the meme omg! I just started following you on twitter but I followed you on bloglovin already :)

    My blog incase you want to check it out: http://alejandrasmusings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete