Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is top ten hyped books I’ve never read. I decided to go with hyped series that I’ve never read. Let me know if I should read any of these.
Series I’ve Never Read
1. The Millennium Series by Stieg Larsson: I totally meant to read this series. I just never got around to actually doing it. Now I feel like I’ve missed the boat. Nobody is talking about these books anymore because everybody except me read them five years ago.
2. The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini: I read the first book when I was a teenager and struggled to stay interested in it. I read the second book as an adult and gave up on it. I guess dragons just aren’t my thing.
3. The Host Series by Stephenie Meyer: I did not like Twilight, so I never picked up this series, even though I’ve been told that it’s much better than Twilight.
4. The Infernal Devices Series by Cassandra Clare: This is a similar situation to #3. I had a really hard time getting through The Mortal Instruments, so I gave up on Cassandra Clare novels. I have heard that this series is much better, though.
5. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer: I read Cinder and was underwhelmed. I thought I might continue with the series, but I’ve kinda lost interest in it. I’m not a huge fan of fairytale retellings.
6. The Maze Runner Series by James Dashner: Exact same situation as #5. I read The Maze Runner, and it was okay, but I haven’t felt the desire to continue with the series.
7. The Divergent Series by Veronica Roth: I got the trilogy as a boxed set, so I read those, but I didn’t love any of them. I haven’t read any of the companion stories to the trilogy.
8. The Mistborn Series by Brandon Sanderson: These books are sitting on my shelf right now. I will read them. Eventually.
9. The Lord of the Rings Series by J.R.R. Tolkien: I loved The Hobbit as a kid, but I’ve never been able to finish The Lord of the Rings. I’ve tried so many times.
10. A Song of Ice and Fire Series by George R.R. Martin: I’d love to read these someday, but they’re so huge. It would take the rest of my life to get through them.