|Sunday is a perfect day for brunch. Feeding the rat demon is discouraged.|
On The Blog Last Week
- On Tuesday I shared some excellent small publishers that you should check out.
- On Thursday I reviewed Good Morning, Midnight by Lily Brooks-Dalton and talked about why characters need agency.
- On Saturday I answered 20 bookish questions.
On The Blog This Week
- On Tuesday I make nefarious plans to become the best fantasy author ever. This might be the stupidest blog post I’ve ever written, so I apologize in advance.
- On Thursday I review something. I’m way behind on writing posts, guys!
- On Saturday there’s a book haul.
In My Reading Life
Last week, I finished Dread Nation, and I’m about halfway through A Clash of Kings by George RR Martin. This was another week of reading basically nothing. My dog had a very vomity reaction to her arthritis medicine, and my mom is still recovering from hip replacement surgery. Everyone is alive, but I’m exhausted. I spent most of my week binge-watching Outlander and trying to make a dog understand that loud, dramatic groaning won’t make anything hurt less. It'll just keep everyone awake all night. Also, I have a lot of respect for doctors and veterinarians and nurses. I’m too anxious to deal with all these small health crises.
In The Rest Of My Life
Five things that made me happy last week:
- Despite my hopelessness as a caretaker, everyone is still alive. That’s always a reason to celebrate.
- If you need to keep yourself awake all night, I suggest watching Outlander. It’s escapist, and you don’t need a ton of brain power to follow the plot.
- I made nachos. They were good.
- I managed to dust most of my bookshelves and added a bunch of books to the donation box.
- I’m looking forward to Dewey’s Readathon. If everyone is reasonably healthy, I’ll hopefully be able to get a lot of reading done.
Take care of yourselves and be kind to each other! See you around the blogosphere!