Sunday, August 6, 2017

The Sunday Post #108


The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news. It’s Monday, What Are You Reading? is hosted by Book Date. I get to tell you what I’ve read recently.




On The Blog Last Week







On The Blog This Week


  • On Monday I review Snow Falling on Cedars by David Guterson.
  • On Wednesday I review The Love Interest by Cale Dietrich.
  • On Thursday I have thoughts about Harry Potter.





In My Reading Life


Last week, I finished The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner and reread The Game of Love and Death by Martha Brockenbrough. Right now, I’m reading So You’ve Been Publicly Shamed by Jon Ronson.







In The Rest Of My Life


Five things that made me happy last week:

  1. I’ve read (and reread) some really good books lately.
  2. Thunderstorms. It stupidly hot here, so I’m thrilled when storms show up and cool stuff down. Heat turns me into a raving psycho bitch. I’m definitely an autumn/winter person.
  3. Writing my July wrap-up. Mostly, I like sorting through my zillion photos and deciding which ones to show you.
  4. Binge-watching The Great British Bake Off. That show makes me want to bake pretentious French desserts. Unfortunately, I’m a terrible baker, and I live at high altitude, so I’d just make pretentious French messes.
  5. I wrote a short story called “We Stayed Silent.” It’s about death, teenagers, and small towns. You know, all the important stuff. You can read it here. I promise it’s short.


*Not my photo.* It just goes with the story.





Take care of yourselves and be kind to each other! See you around the blogosphere!













14 comments:

  1. Did you like The Serpent King? I thought it was wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a winter person, I don't handle the heat very well at all. My poor husband hates the cold, so he covers up like we live in the North Pole cuz I keep it so cold in our house. lol... Hope you have a great ahead.

    Happy reading,
    Jenea's Book Obsession's Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for reading good books. That is the best. I am such a fall person. Oh I just finished the latest season of The Great British Bake Off and I miss it already!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you've read some good books lately! I'm checking out your short story now!

    Here’s my Sunday Post !

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the story you posted, very moving. Thanks for sharing it. And I agree, that picture fits the mood very well. I love an almost melancholy winterscape like that sometimes. Or even just a bit of snow on fields.

    And I'm definitely an autumn person. I mean I love summer, but the heat gets old and the cool down and beauty of it... yeah give me fall. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm also an autumn and winter person.

    Next weekend we should be having our first open house. One more week of hard work and insanity. Come see what I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE thunderstorms!!! :)

    I gave your Google+ a follow! :)

    Check out my Sunday Post at El's Book Reviews!

    Hope you have a great day!

    - El @ El's Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't re-read a book in years. Maybe I should make 2017 the year of only re-reads. Who am I kidding here!

    Just read your review on Year of Wonders. Now I don't know if I still want to read it.... Your review was great though! Maybe I should just read the first half....

    Hope you will have a super great week ahead, I am quickly going to read your short story.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a fall / spring person. Fortunately we've had very moderate temperatures lately, which makes me very happy. I need to watch the Great British Bake Off one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love autumn. But we have such short autumns here! Summer goes from May to October or so...and then winter starts in December. Short.

    Loved your short story...I wanted more!

    Enjoy your week, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES






    ReplyDelete
  11. Our summers are not too hot. Living on the shores of the world's biggest air conditioner (Lake Superior) makes summer the best season in my part of Minnesota. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thunderstorms can be kind of cool...except one of my dogs is scared so that takes some of the fun away. I hope to get to The Serpent King soon. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so much a Winter kind of person-I should've been a Stark! I loved the Great British Bake Off but now Paul Hollywood is going to do it on another channel with a new line up that doesn't excite me while Mary Berry does a rival show with a co-presenter I hate! Looks like my Bake Off fun could be over...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Summer in Oregon is the best. It's been ridiculously hot this year, but I don't really mind. All the more reason to eat ice cream, I say.

    I'm so glad you shared your story with us. I hope you write and share more in the future.

    I just noticed your "about me" and feel that I should inform you I just ate nachos about ten minutes ago.

    ReplyDelete