Thursday, August 24, 2017

Anything But Books Tag


This tag started on BookTube. The goal of it is to talk about anything but books. No mentioning books. That will be difficult because my life is 78% fictional, but I’ll give it my best shot.




Anything But Books








1. Cartoon(s) you love?


As a kid, my favorite was Rocko’s Modern Life. I guess I’ve always been amused by absurdity and vague sexual innuendos. Nowadays, my favorites are The Simpsons, Bob’s Burgers, Family Guy, and South Park. They don’t bother being vague about their sexual innuendos.









2. Your favorite song right now?


“White Flag” by Joseph. It’s basically my theme song. It should start playing every time I walk into a room.









3. What could you do for hours (that isn’t reading)?


Hiking, watching Game of Thrones, getting lost down Internet rabbit holes, blogging, napping.









4. Something you love that your followers would be surprised by?


I hate the term “followers.” Can’t we just be friends? You make me sound like a cult leader. I’m flattered, but I can’t accept that responsibility.

I’ve had this blog for 4 years. There’s very little you don’t know about me. I tend to overshare. Um . . . . Have I told you that I like watching people play The Sims 4 on YouTube? I was obsessed with The Sims as a teen, but I haven’t owned a good computer since I was 17, so I can’t play it myself. When I’m bored, I watch other people play. If I ever get a good computer and The Sims, you’ll never see me again. Just assume I’ve been sucked into a fantasy world and go on without me.










5. Your favorite things to learn about?


Creepy history, corpses, plagues, cults, serial killers, capital punishment. All that normal stuff. On the less-morbid end of the spectrum: nature, living off the grid, wilderness survival, writing, dogs, food.








6. Something unusual you know how to do?


Mush. The human in white is 16-year-old me.









7. Something you’ve made in the last year?


Does food count? It probably shouldn’t because I don’t “make” food. I put premade food in the toaster oven and hope it doesn’t catch on fire. Do blog posts count? I’ve made lots of those.







8. Your most recent personal project?


Learning how to run. I’ve always been the world’s worst runner. Just ask my former gym teachers. If you saw me flailing down a path, you’d still say I’m a terrible runner, but I’m making progress. Slow, painful, humiliating progress.









9. Something you think about often?


Refer back to question #5 and then ask yourself, “Do I really want to know what’s inside Aj’s head?” Things I think about often: politics, catastrophic failure, my overflowing inbox, money, my weight, nachos, what to put on this blog, my dogs being old, my parents being old, nachos again.








10. Your oddly specific favorites?


Hugging my dogs first thing every morning. Finding a perfectly hilarious meme. When my photos aren’t blurry. S’mores on a campfire. Getting packages in the mail.









11. The first thing that pops into your head?


Shortbread cookies with fudge stripes on them.








Do you want to do this tag? Consider yourself tagged.











14 comments:

  1. This could be a fun tag, "O Great Cult Leader" if I get around to it. Sadly, the music link didn't work. I'm all with you on hiking and naps as wonderful down-time activities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creepy history, corpses, plagues, cults, serial killers, capital punishment: those are all my favorite things to learn about too! Throw in some death culture, burial rituals, old psychiatric hospitals and abandoned places and I'll be set for life! Awesome post! It's nice so see things other than books sometimes!

    Crystal Book Snob

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a cool tag! I'm impressed you know how to dog sled-- I'm from the South so the idea of snow is unique enough on its own. I also am horrible at running-- I hated it so much I switched to biking and now my life is 200% better. [you can trust my math because I'm a scientist]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh fun tag!! That avacado meme is very accurate. I love getting stuff in the mail too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. It's hard to avoid sexual innuendoes sometimes.

    3. I do like a good hike, though yours are probably more genuine than mine. I just hike a trail in Balboa Park.

    7. I feel like you should move closer to the border.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Kool Aid Man" lol. I've never played the Sims but with all the Sims posts going on lately I need to get that game. Actually I don't know if I could run it either... I need an upgrade. I keep thinking I'd do an Orphan Black or Game of Thrones sim house.

    That Ramsay pic might be one of the worst pics ever. Every time he came on I was like noooo not MORE... lol poor Theon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes to Watching Game of Thrones all day! At the moment I do blog all day so no change there. I don't watch cartoons or play things like The Sims...don't even know what it is about! My learning is all about disasters and prepper subjects...in fiction and non fiction form! ooh dog sled! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this tag! I feel you on the running. I jog-slowly, painfully, with a full blown attitude jogging! I may have to do this tag someday too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a fun way to get to know the non-bookish sides to our friends. As always, you made me laugh. And I'm super impressed that you have done dog sledding---that's quite unusual! By the way, I just have to say that I'm a follower, AJ. Lead me well. :-)

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun tag! I am pretty food focused myself. I would guess that I am worse at running than you are. I love that you can drive a dog sled. I hate being cold but the dogs might make that worth the cold air.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Creepy history is always fun! :D

    By the way, I nominated you for the Mystery Blogger Award!

    ReplyDelete
  12. See, I WANT people to be my followers, probably because it sounds like a cult? Which incidentally, I am also fascinated by. And plagues, plagues too! I agree with the morbid history, basically. I listened to "your" song, and I like it a lot! I have one of their songs on my Amazon playlist, now I shall have to see if this one is on Prime too! I *just* got The Sims 4, and it is so hard not to go down that rabbit hole and never come out hahah. Also YES to tacos. That is the only food I can really successfully "cook" haha. This is SO fun, thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is SUCH a fun tag and I'm totally tagging myself! I also loved Rocko's Modern Life - I recently found it streaming and really want to watch it all again! I also love learning about serial killers. I've been enjoying true crime more as I've gotten older. My husband used to have a sled dog team, so that's really cool! Thank you for sharing :D

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am the worlds worst runner 2.0. I went on one run to get better and haven't been since. Hence why soon you shall be a better runner than me. Oh, and I used to watch my older sisters play Sims 2 before I had my own computer to play. So I get those feels!

    ReplyDelete