Sunday, July 16, 2017

The Sunday Post #105


The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news. It’s Monday, What Are You Reading? is hosted by Book Date. I get to tell you what I’ve read recently.




On The Blog Last Week







On The Blog This Week


  • On Monday I review Black Dove, White Raven by Elizabeth Wein.
  • On Wednesday I review Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel.
  • On Thursday I do the This Or That book tag.
  • On Saturday there might be a book haul. I plan on acquiring books.





In My Reading Life


Last week, I finished The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas and read The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli. Right now, I’m reading Cold Summer by Gwen Cole.






In The Rest Of My Life


Five things that made me happy last week:


  1. I started training for a half marathon. That’s a sentence I never thought I’d type. My first week of training was pretty easy, but I know I’m going to regret this in a few weeks.
  2. My sunflower plants actually have flowers now! Suck it, squirrels. Most of the plants got destroyed by squirrels, but a few survived. Grow survivors, grow!
  3. I started doing a massive book clear-out because my shelves are overflowing. This means I’ll have shelf space and lots of credits at the used bookstore. Then I can get more books. The never-ending cycle continues.
  4. I won a giveaway! I get a new book, and I’m pumped. 
  5. So much Game of Thrones. I re-watched seasons 4, 5, and 6. Bring on 7. I’m ready for it. If you love GoT, you should watch Kit Harington (he plays Jon Snow) audition for ALL the roles. I promise it's hilarious:





Take care of yourselves and be kind to each other! See you around the blogosphere!














16 comments:

  1. Wow really good 5 things this week! Good luck with your training. Yay for sunflowers! Congrats on our book win. Oh man I am so pumped for GoT. I just did the whole series binge for the first time and I am so into it now. That video was hysterical. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never did get around to reading Station Eleven *frowns*. Can't WAIT for Game of Thrones. Ack it's today?? I'm sure Twitter will explode tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your training. My son has started hi training running up and down our hill, he is going to be doing the delayed entry into the Marines. And Congrats on winning the giveaway!!!


    Happy reading...
    Jenea's Book Obsession
    jeneasbookobsession.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome week you had! Good luck with your training and I need to start watching Game of Thrones soon!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I won a giveaway too and that made me happy. I also cleared my bookshelves a few months ago and yep, my shelves are full again. The never ending cycle like you said.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Half marathon sounds great. Enjoy that process and experience. LOL - Kit ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love sunflowers but they strangely dont do very well in too much sun. Am in the tropics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for training for a marathon. I'm trying to get to 5K at the moment so much respect. I may be the only person on the planet who hasn't watched Game of Thrones - glad you are enjoying.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love when I win something. I especially like when it's something I really wanted. I never thought of trading my books in. I should look into that. I just usually give the ARCs away and the finished books to Friends of the Library. Good luck with your training. I admire people who run that far. When I was in high school, I was a distance runner, and loved it, but now, no knees left.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me and my husband just talked about the latest Game of Thrones craze. I've only watched and read book 1 and 2. Then I stopped. But my husband is still an addict...

    I still want to read Station Eleven, will have a look at your review.

    Hope you will have a good week! Here's my latest reads:http://marelithalkink.blogspot.co.za/2017/07/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the sound of the book about the kids moving back in...that title is cumbersome! LOL.

    Enjoy your week, and thanks for sharing. Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  12. On Sunday and this morning I got all of seasons 5 and 6 rewatched AND the new episode! A girl was very excited!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great five things. I'm still intrigued by The Hate U Give but not yet quite at the point of adding it to my stack. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really need to catch up on GoT. I watched the first season, and I think that was it. Not because I didn't like it, but just because I got distracted with other things. I wish it was on Netflix because it's a lot easier for me to binge on it.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck with your training for the half marathon! My daughter has run one twice and my sister has done many. The training is rough. I don't think that I could handle it. Yay for the win and the sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow, congratulations and lots of luck training for your marathon! That's so exciting and here's hoping your training is not only fun but challenging in a good way too! :)

    ReplyDelete