Sunday, July 2, 2017

The Sunday Post #103


The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news. It’s Monday, What Are You Reading? is hosted by Book Date. I get to tell you what I’ve read recently.





I hope all my American and Canadian friends are enjoying their holidays. Remember to light the fireworks before you get drunk, okay?






On The Blog Last Week







On The Blog This Week


  • On Monday I review The Library at Mount Char by Scott Hawkins.
  • On Wednesday I review The Lottery and Other Stories by Shirley Jackson.
  • On Thursday I wrap up June.
  • On Saturday I show you even more new books. (I got way too many new books. Don’t judge me.)





In My Reading Life


Last week, I finished Year of Wonders: A Novel of the Plague by Geraldine Brooks and then read Within These Walls by Ania Ahlborn. Right now, I’m reading Snow Falling on Cedars by David Guterson.







In The Rest Of My Life


Five things that made me happy last week:

  1. Hiking trip! I’ll show you photos in my wrap up.
  2. My dogs loved the hiking trip. I was worried about them because they’re both elderly, but they’ll still happily climb mountains with me.
  3. After murdering and eating most of my sunflowers, the squirrels seem to be leaving the traumatized survivors alone. Or, maybe the squirrels are just embarrassed to be seen with me. Every time I find a squirrel in the garden, I run at it while screaming bad words. It’s not pretty.
  4. New books.
  5. It’s a holiday week. I’m hoping everything will be chill so I can get lots of reading done.





Take care of yourselves and be kind to each other! See you around the blogosphere!














13 comments:

  1. Okay I really want to know what you thought of Within These Walls!! I loved The Shuddering by Ania Ahlborn but I didn't care for the next two I read by her. :/ Your poor lil sunflowers. Have a great week!

    Here's my Weekly Recap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that squirrels hated sunflowers so much! That's worrying when I want to grow some in the garden...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great week you had! Awww..I hope the squirrels start liking you again!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Squirrels are evil. I have one that likes to come up on the deck and taunt the cats. Somehow it knows they can't reach it. Unless I open the slider which I'm tempted to do lol... that would be a fun chase. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that meme---isn't that the truth? We were tempted to put corn cobs up to feed the squirrels, but then we realized that we'd basically just be luring them up to our fruits and vegetables on the deck. We changed our minds quick. (We'll save them for winter).

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  6. The image of you chasing those squirrels is too funny! I did some chilling and reading this weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fireworks aren't allowed where we live — too much of a fire hazard. That doesn't stop the idiots from lighting them off illegally. The only drinking we have planned is sharing a bottle of wine.

    Drama camp was a hit with my daughter. My son is doing well with cross country. And our big move is less than two weeks away! Come see what I've been reading

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear, I never thought of squirrels eating sunflowers but I guess they would make good food for them. (We don't have Squirrels here.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll be interested in your thoughts on The Library at Mount Char - I read it a while back and I'm still not sure what I thought. Happy reading, and have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wha ha ha ha!! Love the squirrel comment! I will read your review on The Library at Mount Char later today, been meaning to read that book for quite some time.

    One of my best friends are coming to visit me this week and she went on forever about The Year of Wonders. Maybe it's time for me to read it too....

    Hope you will have a good week and happy reading!

    http://marelithalkink.blogspot.co.za/2017/07/library-card-july-2017.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. ha! the never-ending battle of the squirrels!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for taking your dogs hiking. My 12.5 year old dog thinks that she can do whatever the 1.5 year old dog does. Maybe you can train your dogs to fight the squirrels?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Within These Walls looks tempting!

    Enjoy your holidays....and thanks for sharing. Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete