Sunday, July 9, 2017

The Sunday Post #104


The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news. It’s Monday, What Are You Reading? is hosted by Book Date. I get to tell you what I’ve read recently.




On The Blog Last Week







On The Blog This Week


  • On Monday I review There Once Lived A Mother Who Loved Her Children, Until They Moved Back In: Three Novellas About Family by Ludmilla Petrushevskaya.
  • On Wednesday I review The Ghosts of Heaven by Marcus Sedgwick.
  • On Thursday I whine about how rereading ruins everything. (And yet I keep doing it.)





In My Reading Life


Last week, I finished Snow Falling on Cedars by David Guterson. Then I reread The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton in honor of that book’s 50th birthday. The Outsiders was one of my favorite books as a kid. Then I read The Love Interest by Cale Dietrich. Right now, I’m reading The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas.







In The Rest Of My Life


Five things that made me happy last week:

  1. July 4th holiday. I wandered around in the dark and looked at fireworks. And, I don’t think I stepped on any toads. There were so many toads! I don’t know if the fireworks scared them, or if armies of toads come out every night.
  2. My mom made America cake. It was just chocolate cake with patriotic sprinkles, but it was good.
  3. Also on July 4, I tried Korean food for the first time. I’m not exactly sure what I ate, but I want more of it.
  4. I got a lot of reading done.
  5. The Love Interest made me laugh. YA needs more satire.





Take care of yourselves and be kind to each other! See you around the blogosphere!














17 comments:

  1. America cake sounds yummy!! I like Korean food just don't get to eat it often. Glad The Love Interest was funny and hope you are enjoying The Hate U Give. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You read some books with great titles. I think I need to check them out!

    And I'm fascinated with how rereading ruins everything.

    https://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2017/07/a-week-of-bridal-shower-and-new-very.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! Your America cake sounds delicious!! Glad you had a great week!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cake and the Korean food sound yum! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should read The Outsiders, I love the 80's movie lol. Although I haven't seen it in a while- I wonder if I'd still like it??

    "armies of toads" That's funny I was watching the first episode of The Mist and there were toads fleeing from... whatever nameless evil the Mist is. Reminded me of that scene...

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the title "Snow Falling on Cedars." I'll be interested to read your review on that.

    I also love that you have a "In the rest of my life" portion! I'd never thought to do that. I think I'll add that to my future similar posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really liked The Hate U Give. I thought it really laid out so many truths for why some people are afraid to interact with the police.

    Enjoy your reading time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you like The Hate U Give. I really want to read The Love Interest. im also interested in seeing how re-reading ruins everything. Did you buy the special edition of The Outsiders? It is so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read The Outsiders back when I was at school I think. I became a bit obssessed with the film as C Thomas Howell looked very like a guy I fancied in my class at the time! I haven't watched it in years though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Outsiders is so amazing, and I hope people really appreciate how difficult it was for Hinton to get that book out there as a woman writing a male centric book.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yikes on the toads! I love Korean food too. I haen't read the Outsiders, but I did see the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you had a great reading week and enjoyed July 4th. I don't think I've ever eaten Korean food. Glad to know it was good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 50 years since The Outsiders was published? My, how time flies. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've not read the Outsiders but my oldest has. It wasn't taught at my high school.

    We're in the last few days in our current place. It seems like the work to move will never end. Come see what I'm reading when I'm not packing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Was The Outsiders as good as you remember I wonder. 4th of Juky sounds like it was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to read the Outsiders one day. And The Hate You Give sounds really intriguing. I'm interested to read your thoughts on it. I posted my What Am I Reading as well at http://www.amethystblue.com/2017/07/bookdate-monday.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Love Interest made you laugh? I need to get to that book asap! I wish my mom would make me a cake with sprinkles. Everyone needs some sprinkles. I made 4 dozen cupcakes this past weekend and I still want more cake. I am hopeless.

    ReplyDelete