Sunday, April 16, 2017

The Sunday Post #93


The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news. It’s Monday, What Are You Reading? is hosted by Book Date. I get to tell you what I’ve read recently.





Happy Easter!




Blogging From A To Z


Things around here are a little different this month. I’m participating in the Blogging from A to Z challenge. Every day in April (except Sundays), I’m going to write a short post about how books and book blogging have impacted my life. Brace yourself. Posts are coming.





On The Blog Last Week







On The Blog This Week


  • N is for “Number Generator”
  • O is for “Ones I Read Over And Over”
  • P is for “Plague”
  • Q is for “Quitting”
  • R is for “Read All The Things!”
  • S is for “Special Ed.”





In My Reading Life


Last week was rough. I was really busy; I injured myself while running; then my phone and credit card were stolen. Not nice, universe. Reading didn’t really happen last week. I finished rereading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling. Then I started Smoke by Dan Vyleta and Fairy Tales from the Brothers Grimm by Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm.





In The Rest Of My Life


Five things that made me happy last week:

  1. I’m halfway through the A to Z Challenge! Some of my posts were more half-assed than others, but I haven’t missed a day yet. Also, is it weird that I’m already brainstorming ideas for next year’s challenge?
  2. Pizza, nachos, and ice cream. Yeah, my diet wasn’t great last week.
  3. It’s getting warmer outside. I think it’s been 2 days since I last turned on the space heater.
  4. One of Saturn’s moons (Enceladus) might be able to support life. 
  5. Researchers in western Canada discovered the remains of a 14,000 year old village. The village is older than the Egyptian pyramids. 





Take care of yourselves and be kind to each other! See you around the blogosphere!











13 comments:

  1. Oh man sorry for the rough week!! I am loving your A to Z posts!!! Pizza, Nachos and Ice Cream sounds like heaven. Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you had such a hard time last week. I hope your stuff is recovered. After that kind of week you deserve to treat yourself with pizza, nachos and ice cream. I also recommend lots of chocolate.

    I enjoy rereading the Harry Potter books. They are comfort reading for me. I've heard good things about Smoke. Hope you enjoy it.

    I just heard about that village in Canada. Really cool!

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a really bad week...I certainly hope this one is better for you. Junk food is required during times of stress...I look forward to your posts for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so impressed with your A-Z blogging! I'd never be able to stay on top of it! And your diet sounds great to me XD

    Here's my Weekly Recap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've also been incredibly busy. It's good to know it wasn't just me! Haha, safety in numbers.
    Happy Easter and I hope you have a much, much better week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh Easter eggs lol. Okaaaay then... and ouch, sorry to hear about the rough week. I hope this week is much better!

    Pizza, nachos and ice cream work for me. And that Canadian discovery- I love the idea of these settlements that wer around THAT long ago. Amazing... I have to read that one, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no on the rough week. hope things go only uphill from there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to admit that your pic about, ahem, Easter eggs made me snort!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no! What a cruddy week! Having a credit card stolen is just so rotten - it's so much work getting everything back to the way it was, updating everything, UGH. Here's hoping next week is a bit better!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Hunger Games isn't my thing but I do love the wide variety of books available now for children and teens — it's certainly a huge improvement over when I was a kid. As a librarian and a book blogger, I will eagerly recommend the series to people I think will enjoy it.

    I'm back from my trip. It didn't turn out as planned but we had fun. Come see what we did and what I read.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry about the universe being unkind this week. I hope you are ok from your fall and that karma gets whoever stole your phone and credit card. Yay for pizza, ice cream, and not using space heaters.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no, so sorry to hear you had an injury and that your week was so rough! Sending good vibes for a better week!!

    ReplyDelete