The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news. It’s Monday, What Are You Reading? is hosted by Book Date. I get to tell you what I’ve read recently.
Blogging From A To Z
Things around here are a little different this month. I’m participating in the Blogging from A to Z challenge. Every day in April (except Sundays), I’m going to write a short post about how books and book blogging have impacted my life. Brace yourself. Posts are coming.
On The Blog Last Week
- On Monday I reviewed Round Ireland with a Fridge by Tony Hawks.
- On Wednesday I reviewed Slasher Girls & Monster Boys by April Genevieve Tucholke (Editor)
- On Thursday I wrapped up March.
- On Saturday I started the Blogging from A to Z Challenge with A is for “Margaret Atwood.”
On The Blog This Week
- B is for “Books in Stockings”
- C is for “Colorado USA”
- D is for “Desperation, Depression, Decisions”
- E is for “Escapism”
- F is for “First Blogging Failure”
- G is for “Graduate School”
In My Reading Life
Guys, Joseph Campbell’s The Hero with a Thousand Faces is kicking my ass. I’ve had to stop reading several times to Google what the heck he’s talking about. This book requires a huge amount of concentration, so last week I took a small break from it to read Troublemaker: Surviving Hollywood and Scientology by Leah Remini. Right now, when I’m not reading the Campbell book, I’m reading Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel. To everybody who keeps telling me to read Sleeping Giants, I’m finally doing it! (And, yes, I’m liking it. You were right.)
In The Rest Of My Life
Five things that made me happy last week:
- My career actually took an itty-bitty step in a non-disastrous direction. What is this sorcery? Things don’t usually go right for me! Of course, it could always blow up in my face, but let’s enjoy it while it lasts.
- The Blogging from A to Z Challenge started.
- So many books. I got a ton of books for my birthday, and most of them showed up last week.
- My parents got me a second week of Nutrisystem because I liked my first week. The second week also went well.
- New season of The Amazing Race. I love that show.
Take care of yourselves and be kind to each other! See you around the blogosphere!