Tuesday, April 11, 2017

I is for “If Dogs Could Talk”

Welcome to the Blogging from A to Z Challenge. Every day in April (except Sundays), I’ll be sharing a short bookish memory with you.

I is a difficult letter. I couldn’t come up with any I bookish memories, but I’m pretty sure the law of the Internet is “When in doubt, post pictures of your pets,” so that’s what I’m doing today.

The only thing I love more than books is dogs. (And my family. I guess I love them more than books, too.) Actually, a lot of the nonfiction books I own are about dogs. One of the best birthday presents I ever got was a giant book full of illustrations of canines. It has drawings of different breeds and famous paintings that feature dogs. Even though the book is heavy, I used to drag it back and forth to elementary school every day so I could look at the pictures during free-reading time. I hated reading when I was a kid and refused to actually read during free-reading time.


Inscription in the dog-art book my parents got me for my 9th birthday.


I can fall in instalove with any canine-shaped creature, even dogs in photos. One of the books on my shelf is a photo book called If Dogs Could Talk. I stole inspiration from that book for this post. (Can you tell I'm just rambling right now because I have no idea what to write about today?)

The brown dog is Cheyenne. She’s hyperactive and devious. The black dog is Butch-Kiera. She’s big, bouncy, and dumb as a rock. I love them both very much.








Do you have any pets?








23 comments:

  1. I am a dog lover too. My pup is our first kid lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I have a schnauzer who is a bit crazy, but I love him to pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I have two cats. A big black and white tuxedo cat that is on my lap right now and a grey kitty who is a year and a half old now and eats everything. You can never go wrong posting about pets.

    I is for Illuminati

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m glad my dogs have grown out of the “eating everything” phase. They did that when they were puppies. They’re both old now, so they’re good dogs.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you just uncovered one of those maxims! Your dogs are so adorable in these photos.

    My husband has severe allergies to pets with fur, and I kind of don't get the point of pets without fur, so no, we don't have any. But I was raised in a household that never had fewer than a dog and a couple of cats, with a long period in which we had four cats, a Husky and a Scottish Terrier. So I consider myself a "pet person" despite not having any.

    My daughter greets literally ever dog walker we see out and about with, "I like your dog--may I pet it?" And living in Portland area, we see a LOT of dogs out and about! People always look so pleased with the "I like your dog" part, and I am always tempted to tell them, "Don't consider this proof of how great YOUR dog is--what she likes about it is that it is a dog."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Your daughter sounds like me. I knew all the dogs in the neighborhood when I was a kid because I had to pet ALL of them.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  5. I don't have any pets but if I was getting one it would be a dog. I hate cats. The neighbours cats always crap in my darn garden and try to eat the birds we feed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m not the biggest cat fan either. I like doing outdoorsy things, and the dogs come with me. I don’t think cats like to hike.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful dogs... We have one lovable "Trisket" a mix Australian Shepherd/Collie who is now extremely old at 17. He no longer herds everyone as he can't see very well and his hearing is nearly shot, but he's still lovable

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww. The dog I had as a kid lived to be 20. I hope my current dogs have long lives.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  7. yes, in doubt, post pictures of your pet, I think that's a pretty good idea, you dogs are cute. they're certainly active judging by the last two photos.

    have a lovely day.

    ~ my I post - Illustration~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had no idea what to post for “I.” I thought about it for weeks and came up with nothing.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  8. Sharing pictures of your pets is always a good bet ;) Your dogs are cuties! I don't have any pets right now but I grew up with either dogs or rabbits in our house :)
    I is for my favourite band - Imagine Dragons

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your dogs are beautiful. I have not had a pet in a long time. It was too hard on me when my last dog passed, but I enjoy both dogs and cats a lot.
    Sam @ WLABB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It destroys me when they die, but the house feels empty without them.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  10. I love dogs, especially my sweet girl Mirage. Your pictures are great!

    Intruder

    ReplyDelete
  11. What sweet dogs! I have 3 dogs that I love very much. Our Cookie is a 12 year old Chow mix so there is hair all over the place because she has so much of it. Stella and Molly are both about 1 and a half and they are so fun playing. I also have a cat that is quite the character.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i have no pets but i love it small puppies.i dont like cats

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your pups! What breed are they? Mine are Australian Shepherd mixes and yours look like they could be too. Oh, and is it weird that I felt kind of excited to find out your name is Ashley? Like I'm somehow in on a secret now? :-)

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete