Thursday, March 31, 2016

March Currently . . .


Here’s what I’ve been doing in March.


I’m Currently . . .




Reading: A Madness So Discreet by Mindy McGinnis.



Watching: I’ve been trying to watch political stuff so that I can be an informed American citizen, but it’s mostly just stressing me out.



Stalking: You guys should check out Carole’s Random Life. Carole has the greatest book hauls ever, and she writes helpful reviews, too.


Planning: Discussion posts for the next few months. Coming up with topics that haven’t been discussed to death is difficult for me. I don’t think the blogosphere needs any more posts about how much we all hate insta-love.


Making: It recently took me 6 hours to make one blog post. The post required a lot of research, and then I had to make graphics, which I suck at. You’ll see the post next month, but you probably won’t be able to tell that it took 6 hours. It doesn’t look like much. I loved doing the research, though. The one good thing about spending my entire life in college is that I know how to research like a boss. When I want to know something, nothing can stop me.  



Stocking up on: Nothing, really. I have been putting all of my classic horror books in one place. I’m hoping that seeing a big stack of them will motivate me to read them. I guess I’m stocking up on classic horror books, even though I already own them.


Wishing for: World peace.
 


Enjoying: Not going to the dentist. I spent way too much time at the dentist in February. My teeth don’t hurt now, so I guess it was worth it.



Trying: Not to freak out about all the stuff happening in the next few months. I’m going to be doing some things that I’ve never done before, and new responsibilities always make me feel squirrely.


Eating: Not very much because I’m trying to lose weight. I did eat some ribs from the pig truck a few weeks ago. You gotta love food trucks.



Goal setting: Get better at commenting on blogs. I’ve been really slacking on this lately. I also need to find some new blogs instead of just sticking to my favorites. Spread the comment love.


Learning: That sometimes I need a break. I’m not a robot. (Even though it might be cool to be a robot.)






What have you been doing in March?








23 comments:

  1. The political stuff right now is just nuts and makes me sad that those are all our options. Ugh. Love the picture you have for that!! Breaks are good and needed sometimes. Probably even for robots :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess even a robot would overheat if you don’t shut them down once in a while. :)

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  2. Oooo I really want to read A Madness So Discreet. And boooo for the dentist. I've got 6 crowns at the ripe old age of 30 so I feel you on the dentist torture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a problem with grinding my teeth, and that caused some other annoying issues. I really don’t like the dentist.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  3. A madness so Discreet is a book that surprised me by being better than I was expecting it to be! I hope you do enjoy it. American politics has been driving me all over the place lately. I just hope the new president is a good one for America and y'know what, world peace sounds jolly good right now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Madness So Discreet surprised me too. It was different from what I expected (in a good way).

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  4. "We all hate insta-love". Yup, so true! I am also really working on commenting more, I tend to get in a rut and just glance at a few blogs and I've been discovering some great new ones lately. I love the cover for A Madness So Discreet, I will have to go check it out further. My March Wrap-Up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also have a problem with just glancing at blogs and not commenting. I really need to read the things instead of just skimming them and leaving.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  5. Ahahaha, every picture you used in this post was too perfect!

    And I really feel you on the political bit. I tried to diligently watch every debate in the beginning as well as a few rallies on YouTube here and there...but it wasn't long before I couldn't stomach more than 5 minutes of a certain candidate's hateful rhetoric. This soft little cinnamon baby can't handle it all. After hiding some of the more ugly and hateful reposters on Facebook, my quality of life and happiness went up at least tenfold.

    If only we could all really just get along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve also tried to listen to the debates, but when a certain hateful candidate comes on, I start rolling my eyes so hard that I’m afraid I’m going to hurt myself.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  6. I need to do more discussion posts as well, but you're right, it's difficult to come up with things sometimes! I find that reading certain books make me think of particular topics to write about! I also want to comment more. I do pretty well but I like to find new blogs as well, and commenting is a great way to make connections, I think!

    I have A Madness So Discreet! I really need to read it soon.

    -Lauren
    www.letsgetbeyondtolerance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Discussions are so hard for me. They take forever to write, and I admire the bloggers who post a lot of them.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  7. Now I'm really curious about this post that you had to research so much - I'm impressed! Wish I could say I put a lot of research into my posts. :-)

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man... This reminds me that I'm due for a dentist appointment, but I have to switch because my insurance changed. I'm not looking forward to it at all because I spent all of last summer in the dentist's chair. :/

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lot of people have been loving a madness so discreet, but I haven't been able to get my hands on a copy yet -- so I am basically reading all the reviews! I look forward to yours! And a thanks for a new blog to look out for!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like a boss, haha! Looking forward to seeing that post with the fancy graphs. All the best to you in April!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I couldn't agree more about the election stuff. It is depressing. I am glad your teeth feel better but going to the dentist is not any fun. I have never ate anything from a food truck unless you count the ice cream truck during my childhood. I feel like I am missing out on something. Thanks for the mention, AJ! You made my heart melt a little when I saw my name in your post. I can't wait to see the 6 hour post!

    Carole @ Carole's Random Life

    ReplyDelete
  12. THIS was FANTASTIC. My posts are always way too wordy; I love how you gave us a lot of info while keeping it short and sweet, with fun illustrations. May I borrow this format occasionally? Crediting you? Your blog has become a must-read for me, and I learn a lot by analyzing what it is that I like so much about it. Okay, that sounded creepy, so I'll stop now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, you can totally borrow the “Currently” format, but you don’t have to credit me because I kinda stole the format. I’ve seen versions of “Currently” and “Favorites” posts on a lot of different blogs and vlogs (mostly non-bookish ones). I have no idea where these posts started. Someday when I’m feeling creative I’m going to swap out some of the categories for ones that are more relevant to my life.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  13. I always hate going to the dentist, I'm glad I don't have to go too the often lol

    Carrie @The Book Goddess

    ReplyDelete