Sunday, March 20, 2016

The Sunday Post #42


The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news.



On The Blog Last Week






On The Blog This Week


  • On Monday I review I am the Cheese by Robert Cormier.
  • On Tuesday I list some books I love but rarely talk about.
  • On Wednesday I review Ordinary People by Judith Guest.
  • On Saturday I have another book haul.





In My Reading Life


I read three books last week! Two of them were children’s books, but still, that hardly ever happens. I read A Wrinkle in Time and A Wind in the Door by Madeleine L’Engle. Then I read Black Like Me by John Howard Griffin. Right now I’m rereading To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.






In The Rest of My Life


Five things that made me happy last week:

  1. It was my birthday on Friday. Though, I’m not sure if this made me happy. I’m getting depressingly close to turning 30, and I’m still failing hardcore at adulthood.
  2. I ate chocolate cake. Lots and lots of chocolate cake.
  3. My mom attempted to make baked churros for my birthday. It didn’t work because churros need to be fried, but I appreciate the effort.
  4. My parents are buying me a new camera for my birthday. My old one died. Probably because I hiked through a sandstorm with it a few months ago.
  5. I got a lot of reading done and caught up on my Goodreads challenge.




I hope you had a great week! See you around the blogosphere!








8 comments:

  1. I'm going to check out your review of Illuminae now! I'm not sure how I missed it! I've really been wanting to reread A Wrinkle In Time too. I haven't read it since elementary school! And happy late birthday! I feel you on pushing 30! XD

    Here's my Weekly Recap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday... I know what you mean about adulting. I'm in my late 40s (still single) and though I've been living alone (and still alive and kicking) since my mid 20s I mostly have no idea WTF I'm doing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It’s good to know that I’m not the only one failing at adulting. :)

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday! Nothing like chocolate therapy right? Hummmm baked churros??? Sacrilege! :) looking forward to see the new pics you'll post taken with the new camera :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I’m excited for the new camera too. I haven’t had a chance to play with it yet because I’ve been busy with other stuff.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  4. Any week with chocolate cake and birthdays is a good week! Happy birthday! I am always proud when I am able to read more books in a week than I usually do. Good for you! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Chocolate cake is one of the best things in the world. :)

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete