Sunday, March 27, 2016

The Sunday Post #43


The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news.

Happy Easter!




On the blog last week





On the blog this week


  • On Monday I review A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle.
  • On Tuesday I show you some recent five-star reads.
  • On Wednesday I review Black Like Me by John Howard Griffin.
  • On Thursday I tell you what I’ve been doing in March.




In my reading life


Last week, I reread To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee and struggled through A Swiftly Tilting Planet by Madeleine L’Engle. Right now, I’m reading White Dog Fell from the Sky by Eleanor Morse.





In the rest of my life


Five things that made me happy last week:

  1. Exploring a used bookstore that I’ve never been to before.
  2. I stuck to my book-buying ban! I didn’t buy anything at the used bookstore.
  3. As soon as the book-buying ban is over, I’m totally going back to that store. The books are more expensive than I’d like, and the shelves are disorganized, but the store is huge. I was in there for almost an hour and didn’t see everything.
  4. I got my new camera!
  5. The new camera can zoom in so close that I can take pictures of my dogs without shoving the camera all up in their faces. They’ll appreciate that.






I hope you had a great week! See you around the blogosphere!








17 comments:

  1. How do you like the Time Quintet so far? I've only read A Wrinkle in Time but I've always wanted to reread it and continue with the series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I kind of hate it. I gave up after the third book. It’s just not my thing.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  2. Good for you for sticking to your book buying ban!! Yay for new camera! Great picture of your dog. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the photos in this! My cats would also appreciate a camera that doesn't need to be right in their faces ahah. Well done on sticking to your book buying ban (I never have the self control XD) and happy reading
    Enchanted by YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dogs have lived with my camera for their entire lives, but I can’t imagine that they like it in their faces all the time.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  4. I still really want to read A Wrinkle in Time again! I read the first one in fourth grade and never read the others. Congrats on your new camera and sticking to your book buying ban! :D

    Here's my Weekly Recap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read Black Like Me in high school and remember thinking how eye-opening it was. I look forward to reading your review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think eye-opening might be the exact words I used in my review. That’s a good way to describe it.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  6. Exploring a used bookstore is one of the most wonderful pleasures ever! Libraries, book stores... [sigh] my favorite places.

    I can't believe I still haven't read To Kill a Mockingbird

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This store is epic. It’s huge and has books everywhere. It was impossible for me to find anything in there.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  7. I liked TKAM. I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fantastic week. :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you have some willpower! I can barely pass the book aisle at the grocery store without buying a book. I remember loving A Wrinkle in Time when I was young. I'll be excited to see your review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also have difficulty passing the book aisle at the grocery store. Good thing they rarely have interesting books.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  9. What an adorable dog! I have more pictures of my dogs than I do my kids. I don't think that I could have possibly walked out of a new to me used bookstore without at least one new book. You have some awesome willpower. Have a great week!

    Carole @ Carole's Random Life

    ReplyDelete