Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Foods I’d Eat If I Was Fictional


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is yummy foods mentioned in books. Unfortunately, I don’t read many foodie books, so I’m putting my own spin on the topic. Here’s what I would eat if I was a book character.






Foods I’d Eat If I Was Fictional







1. If I was in a fantasy book, I’d eat the food at Hogwarts. It’s British food, so I don’t know what all of it is, but that wouldn’t stop me from eating it. I’d just wander down the tables and sample everything. (On a related note, do wizards ever eat the magical plants and animals? I want to eat those, too.)







2. If I was in a science fiction book, I’d eat alien food. Who wouldn’t want to eat something from another planet?







3. If I was in a time travel book, I’d go back in time and eat a T-Rex. They’re going to go extinct anyway. Why not eat one while you can?







4. If I was in a road trip book, I’d plan the entire trip around nachos. We’d drive across the country and eat at all the best nacho restaurants. (There must be a ranking of “best nacho restaurants” online somewhere? If not, what is the Internet doing with its life?)








5. If I was in a fluffy contemporary romance novel, I’d date the guy who owns the cupcake shop. He would bake, and I would test the products.







6. If I was in a wilderness survival book, I’d eat anything. I turn into a raving psycho bitch when I’m hungry. No one wants to read about a lonely psycho bitch crying in the woods.







7. If I was hunting a murderer in a thriller novel, I’d argue with my partner about where we should stop for lunch. The murderer would stab us while we’re arguing. As we’re bleeding to death, my last words would be, “This is still better than eating at that sketchy Taco Bell, Kevin!”







8. If I was in a ghost story, I’d eat s’mores. S’mores and ghost stories go together. Also, the campfire might keep the ghosts away. I refuse to be one of those horror movie idiots who fumble around in the dark.







9. If I was in Fifty Shades of Grey, I’d skip all the abusive sex stuff and make Christian Grey buy me a Frrrozen Haute Chocolate at Serendipity 3 Restaurant in New York. According to The Guinness Book of World Records, the Frrrozen Haute Chocolate is the most expensive dessert in the world. It costs $25,000. (Yes, I would feel guilty about spending $25,000 on chocolate, but #YOLO.) 







10. If I was in a book where I lived multiple lives, I’d spend one of them learning how to cook. I’m a terrible cook.







What would you eat if you were fictional?








37 comments:

  1. I never pay much attention to food in books I read I'm afraid. I'd end up like a blob if I ate at Hogwarts for seven years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha I'm British, I can assure you our food isn't too weird!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/10/17/top-ten-tuesday-129/

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Even British people admit that British food sucks.

    5. I don't think your cupcake guy's type. When you're old enough, I'll explain it to you.

    8. Big Head Guy always knows what's up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! This post is hilarious. I love how creative it is. Seriously, it's amazing! The T-Rex one, though. XD

    (And I agree about Taco Bell. Super sketchy.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! I like what you did with this post!

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that first pic lol. Shove ALL the food in!

    Tacosaurus !!! Although that tail spike could be a problem... makes a good handle I guess. And that Taco Bell picture- I laugh every time I look at it. Too funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would definitely date the cupcake man too. I like the way you think. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "If I was in Fifty Shades of Grey, I’d skip all the abusive sex stuff.." Lol this cracked me up. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha! What a great spin on this weeks' prompt. Totally made me laugh.
    Never thought about Fifty Shades in that way. But heck you're right! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Numbers 4 & 5! Nachos and cupcakes are always the answer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, this was so hilarious, Aj! :) I'm still howling over: "No one wants to read about a lonely psycho bitch crying in the woods." LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are the clever one! Love this!

    And, best of all, if you were fictional, you'd never gain weight.

    ReplyDelete
  13. fun spin on this week's topic.
    I would love eating at Hogwarts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. AWESOME picks!!! I love the creativity! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL - I love your twist on this topic! So fun.

    Apparently, I don't pay much attention to food in books because I had to give my list a different spin today, too. Thanks for stopping by and checking out my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha, love what you did with this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this spin! I would totally eat at Hogwarts! I mean just the dining hall is amazing so of course the food would be memorable

    Marissa

    Reading List

    ReplyDelete
  18. great play on the theme for this week! It made for an entertaining read. :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. So much fun. I just spent valuable time wondering what extinct animals I'd want to sample in a time travel book.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Heehee, you are my kind of person :) I love what you did with this weeks theme.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hahaha! Love your list and your twist to the topic! You made me laugh so hard! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lol! Someone needs to write a fluffy romantic novel the way it would happen in real life...with everyone fighting over the guy who runs the cupcake shop! XD

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ahh I love how you set out this post!!😂 And omg I'm laughing at the tacoasarous. Now THAT would be an experience.😂

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like the direction you took this week's topic. I would definitely want to do a nacho road trip. Nachos are fantastic.

    Nicole @ Whatadifferenceawordmakes (Wordpress)

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so inventive, I love it! These all made my laugh--I'd totally try a T-Rex, why not!? I'd probably feel guilty, but who cares. They would probably eat us if they had a chance. And yes to all Hogwarts food! Those tables in the books/movies that are just overflowing with food always make me wonder how on everyone isn't just going around loading their plates with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fun post! I love your spin on this week's TTT topic :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I LOVE your take on this topic, and now I want to go on a US road trip to find all the best nacho restaurants. I don't care if Guy Fieri has already done it (if anyone has done it, it was almost definitely Guy Fieri.) Like that is my kind of road trip.

    Have a great weekend. - Katie

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh, AJ, this is exactly why I love you. You're sort of brilliant, you know.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  29. The cupcake answer is on point. ;)

    Thanks for visiting Shell's Stories!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This made me laugh SO hard. ANd also, it is funny because I was just commenting on another one of these TTTs about food, and I talked about how I wanted nachos! Nachos are everything. Also, I would like to eat the dinosaur too. It probably has it coming, tbh. I bet it was a real asshole. LOVE this post!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the way you did this prompt. And haha I love the nacho road trip.

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is an awesome post! I'm with you on many of them, actually. :-) Cupcakes! I could probably use Christian to taste the Frrrozen Haute Chocolate, but then I'd dump him quick. Oh, and to enjoy a Hogwart's feast . . . That would be divine!

    I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is a cute twist to the topic! I would love to try the food at Hogwarts! I love Serendipities haute chocolate so it would be an extra special treat with Christian!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Such a fun spin on this week's topic, AJ! Loved it.

    That Minion and of course, the cupcake photos are perfect!! Love that. I think if I were in a road trip novel, I'd like to map out famous stops/restaurants to try along the way. Seems like it'd be a cool addition to a trip. :)

    Thanks so much for visiting Finding Wonderland. :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is so funny! xD I love all of them. But... The T-rex... Poor T-rex...

    ReplyDelete