Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Homer Simpson Quotes


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is anything TV-related. I usually avoid topics like this because this is a book blog, not a TV blog, but Homer Simpson is my favorite fictional person of all time. So, today I’m going to list ten of my favorite Homer quotes.



My Favorite Homer Quotes




1. “Maybe, for once, someone will call me ‘Sir’ without adding ‘you’re making a scene.’”






2. “I’m not normally a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman!”






3. “Just because I don’t care doesn’t mean I don’t understand.”






4. "I thought I had an appetite for destruction . . . but all I wanted was a club sandwich.”






5. “If you don’t like your job, you don’t strike. You just go in and do it really half-assed. That’s the American way.”






6. “To alcohol! The cause of—and solution to—all of life’s problems.”






7. “I think Smithers picked me for my motivational skills. Everyone says they have to work a lot harder when I’m around.”






8. “Don’t eat me. I have a wife and kids. Eat them.”






9. “I’m somewhere where I don’t know where I am!”






10. “Trying is the first step toward failure.”










9 comments:

  1. Ha these are great. I love #3 and #6 the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I forget about THE SIMPSONS!? It is probably the greatest show ever! :D Great Quotes and pics. I LOVE your topic! :D My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to share my favorites but I can't: my love for Homer Simpson knows no bounds. I love ALL of his quotes and know a ton by heart. LOVE this topic ♥ I can't believe I forgot to add The Simpsons to my TTT post this week. D'OH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all these especially #2, #5, #6 and #8! I haven't watched the Simpsons in forever but I think I'll have to watch it soon because these quotes make me miss Homer.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha this is great. Love those! Especially 3 and 5 lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha! I actually have never watched an episode of The Simpsons! My parents didn't let me watch it growing up and I never got into it as an adult. I do love Family Guy and South Park though, so maybe I should give it a try!

    Here are my Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lollll, thanks so much for the laughs, AJ.
    I love Homer. His humor will always be better than Peter Griffin's.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha great quotes. I haven't watch The SImpsons in ages, but Homer is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Homer Simpson! These are some wise words. Fun post!

    ReplyDelete