Sunday, April 24, 2016

The Sunday Post #47


The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news.



On The Blog Last Week






On The Blog This Week


  • On Monday I review UnWholly by Neal Shusterman.
  • On Tuesday I list some things that delight bookworms.
  • On Wednesday I review Attachments by Rainbow Rowell.
  • On Thursday I tell you what I’ve been up to in April.
  • On Saturday I have a “School made me do it” book haul.



In My Reading Life


So, I read four books last week. It was like the perfect storm of reading. It’s spring break, I got sick, and a blizzard dumped two feet of snow on my house. I couldn’t do anything but read. I read UnSouled and UnDivided by Neal Shusterman, The Legend of Sleepy Hollow & Rip Van Winkle by Washington Irving, and Hitler Youth: Growing up in Hitler’s Shadow by Susan Campbell Bartoletti. Up next, I’m reading Saving Wonder by Mary Knight.






In My Blogging Life


This is the 400th post on this blog. Can you believe that I’ve written 400 of these things?




In The Rest Of My Life


Five things that made me happy last week:

  1. Spring break! Well, there’s a ton of snow outside, but SPRING BREAK!
  2. I decided to have a cheat day on my diet and ate everything. Everything was delicious.
  3. Exercising more has helped me feel less restless.
  4. Talking to my mentor on the phone. I really liked my mentor last semester, and I don’t want a new one, even though I have no choice.
  5. I read four freaking books in one week. I don’t think I’ve ever done that before.




I hope you had a great week! See you around the blogosphere!












11 comments:

  1. Yeah for getting in 4 books!! Sorry that you were sick and it snowed though! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pretty surprised that I could read 4 books. I don’t know if that’ll ever happen again.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  2. 400 posts is awesome!! And 4 books is impressive too! I'm looking forward to your reviews of the rest of the Unwind series too... especially since I never made it through book 1. I need to see what I'm missing! Cheat days are always incredible! :P Have a great week!

    Here's my Weekly Recap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve made it through book 4 of Unwind. Now I just have to read the companion/short story stuff.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  3. That's great that you managed to read four books last week! And really, 2 feet of snow for spring break? That's just not fair!
    Congrats on your 400th post :)
    Have a wonderful week ahead and happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, so much snow. I think it’s supposed to snow again tonight.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  4. Quite an impressive reading list! Sometimes it's good to cheat on your diet. You get rid of those cravings and get back to the diet. Sorry about the snow. Hopefully that will be the end of it for you:)

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheat days give me something to look forward to. I’d go crazy without them.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  5. Can't wait to see what you think of the rest of the Unwind series!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the 400th post and well done on the reading.
    Sometimes taking a break from the diet is just what you need to stay motivated!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete