Sunday, April 17, 2016

The Sunday Post #46


The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news.



On The Blog Last Week





On The Blog This Week


  • On Monday I review Unwind by Neal Shusterman.
  • On Tuesday I list funny books about serious things.
  • On Wednesday I review Vampires in the Lemon Grove by Karen Russell.
  • On Thursday we talk about why I read dystopias.
  • On Friday I tell you all the ways that an author can annoy a book blogger.




In My Reading Life


Last week, I read UnWholly by Neal Shusterman and Attachments by Rainbow Rowell. Right now, I’m reading UnSouled by Neal Shusterman. I have a feeling that I’m actually going to finish the Unwind series, guys. That hardly ever happens. I’m not a series person.






In My Blogging Life


Last week was the week of time-consuming blog posts. A few weeks ago, I mentioned that I had spent 6 hours marathon researching a blog post. That post was my Books Every YA Enthusiast Needs to Read post. My discussion last week also took a stupid amount of time to write. Check those out if you haven’t yet. I’m impressed with myself for harnessing the power of my wayward brain-meats and forcing them to do something semi-intelligent.




In The Rest Of My Life


Five things that made me happy last week:

  1. I finished my third semester of graduate school and now need a serious nap.
  2. I only have one semester of school left.
  3. I’m not currently rushing to get anything done. That’s unusual.
  4. More free time will hopefully mean more time to read.
  5. I did pretty well with exercising and eating healthy. There was one incident with some Sun Chips, but we don’t need to talk about that.






I hope you had a great week! See you around the blogosphere!





14 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what you thought of Attachments. Yay for only one more semester!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for being honest about how time-consuming some of your posts can be to write. It's not something we like to admit, but blogging can be a huge time commitment, but we love it and keep coming back!

    That's awesome that you are almost done with graduate school. I admire anyone who has gone through that ordeal. Perhaps I will one day as well.. Enjoy your free time while you have it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I’m trying to have a “quality over quantity” approach to blogging. I’ve been putting a lot more research into my posts lately.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  3. I'm looking forward to your review of Unwind! I started reading it but ended up putting it down and I haven't decided if I'll continue it... Congrats on making yourself sit down and write! XD I have trouble with that too sometimes! Good luck with your last semester of school, by the way! I know you must be so relieved it's almost over!

    Here's my Weekly Recap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I just don’t feel like writing posts, but I force myself to do it because I’ll get lazy if I don’t. I know writing posts is good for me.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  4. Oooh. I'm looking forward to the post on all the things an Author can do to annoy a book blogger.

    Currently I'm dealing with slews of Review Requests from authors who have never even laid eyes on my review guidelines. I rarely ever get a request from an Author who actually writes within a genre I accept. Anyway, very much looking forward to that post and your others!

    Enjoy the last few hours of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I remember correctly, not reading the review guidelines is #1 on the list.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  5. I'm still trying to mull through my experience with Unwind; it definitely wasn't what I anticipated and like you, I want to continue with the series :P I'm really enjoying Ashfall at the present moment, though. So, we'll see ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unwind is a strange book. I spent a lot of time sorting out my feelings, too.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  6. Congrats on being in your last semester, AJ! I'm in my last semester, too, but I have to also write a MA thesis... that's going to be difficult - because it means I need to do a lot of research first :D
    Have a wonderful week and happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with your thesis! The research for those is intense.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  7. Six hours of blog research? That's huge...

    Yay for your last semester and yay (mostly) for the healthy eating!

    ReplyDelete