Thursday, April 28, 2016

April Currently . . .


Here’s what I’ve been doing in April. I’ve decided to switch up a few of the categories because the old ones were getting boring.


I’m Currently . . .




Reading: A Guide to being Born by Ramona Ausubel.



Listening to: Spirits by The Strumbellas and Giants by Matt Nathanson. I think both of these songs are extremely well-written. Check them out if you haven’t heard them yet.


Stalking: Falconer’s Library. Wendy writes really good posts, and her blog needs more love. Go follow it. 


Eating: Low-fat pudding. I want to lose weight, but life’s not worth living without chocolate.



Blogging: I’ve been experimenting with my book reviews. Have you noticed that some of the recent ones are slightly longer and include a tiny bit more discussion of the books’ themes? I have a theory that nobody actually reads long reviews on blogs, so we’ll see how it goes. The changes are pretty subtle. I want my reviews to have depth, but I don't want them to sound like essays.


Enjoying: Spring break! Well, I live in Colorado, so “spring” doesn’t mean what you think it does.
  


Looking forward to: My full-book workshop at my next school residency. I’ve been editing short stories, essays, and poetry for years, but I don’t have much experience with critiquing full-length novels-in-progress. It should be interesting.


Exercising: I’ve been walking 1-2 miles a day on a 12% treadmill incline. I’ve also found a free 7-minute workout app made by Wahoo. I had no idea how long 7 minutes was until that app started kicking my butt.



Wishing for: Warmer weather. I want to go hiking.


Obsessing over: The Unwind series by Neal Shusterman. I’m actually going to read an entire series, guys. Be proud of me. This doesn’t usually happen. I don’t have a series-length attention span.



Learning: To trust my instincts.


Laughing at: I usually try to keep naughty words off the blog, but I’m immature enough that I burst out laughing when I saw this meme:








What have you been doing in April?







20 comments:

  1. MMM pudding. I love chocolate pudding so much. Hope you get your warmer weather soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post :-) I used to hike but do to medical reasons I don't any more so I envy you that :-) PUDDING! I want to read the Unwind series too! I have a hard time reading a whole series in one sit down, I have to mix it up.

    This blog post has given me a little inspiration to try different things on my blog. I have been in a bad reading slump and was going to quit everything online, but finishing The Raven King made me want to not give up. But, it has been getting to me. I thank you for having such a pretty post that makes me want to do something different besides, review, copy, paste, rinse, repeat :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Book blogging can get repetitive. It’s good to mix it up sometimes.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  3. A thousand times yes to reading the entire Unwind Dystology. It's one of my all time favorite series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Unwind. I only have one book left to read in the series.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  4. "Stalking: Falconer’s Library. Wendy writes really good posts, and her blog needs more love. Go follow it."

    Pfft. I already have been.

    Yes to chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for Wendy @ Falconer's Library and The Unwind Series - both favorites of mine!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, I'm am sitting here with tears in my eyes because I am such a sentimental little marshmallow. Thanks for all the Falconer's Library love, y'all!

    I'm so glad you're enjoying the Unwind series too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. April has been CRAZY for me, so hopefully May will be a little calmer?

    Kate @ Ex Libris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope May goes better for you. May is going to be crazy for me.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  8. You are so funny! Life definitely needs chocolate and pudding is the best! And sometimes when I exercise, I think here it is! The end is night! Look at me go! Oh...it's been ten minutes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, sometimes I feel like I’ve been on the treadmill for hours, but it’s only been a few minutes.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  9. How’s ‘A Guide to Being Born’ going for you? I’ve seen some great reviews for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it. It’s the best short story collection I’ve read so far this year.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  10. I have a hard time giving up my sweets. You definitely need pudding in your life. Exercise is hard. Good for you for doing it every day. It is nice when it becomes a part of your routine.


    Carole @ Carole's Random Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m pretty sure I’d shrivel up and die without chocolate.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete