Sunday, March 26, 2017

The Sunday Post #90


The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news. It’s Monday, What Are You Reading? is hosted by Book Date. I get to tell you what I’ve read recently.




On The Blog Last Week







On The Blog This Week


  • On Monday I review Round Ireland with a Fridge by Tony Hawks.
  • On Wednesday I review Slasher Girls & Monster Boys by April Genevieve Tucholke (Editor)
  • On Thursday I wrap up March.
  • On Saturday I start the Blogging from A to Z Challenge.





In My Reading Life


I slayed the book-beast! I finally finished all 1093 pages of IT by Stephen King. Right now, I’m reading Sex with the Queen: Nine Hundred Years of Vile Kings, Virile Lovers, and Passionate Politics by Eleanor Herman, and The Hero with a Thousand Faces by Joseph Campbell.





Blogging From A To Z


The Blogging from A to Z challenge starts on April 1. My theme is bookish memories. This challenge will probably be the most half-baked and self-indulgent thing I’ve ever done on this blog, but I’m going to give it my best shot. I hope you guys like personal posts because you’re going to get a whole month of them. Every day in April (except Sundays), I’m going to write a short post about how books and book blogging have impacted my life. Brace yourself. Posts are coming.




In The Rest Of My Life


Five things that made me happy last week:

  1. I finished IT! If I’m remembering correctly, IT is the second-longest book I’ve ever read willingly.
  2. I did one week of the Nutrisystem diet. It was easy, and I wasn’t starving very often. I wish the diet wasn’t so ungodly expensive so I could keep going with it. It’s definitely one of the more-tolerable diets I’ve tried.
  3. I have leftover birthday cake in the freezer. Now that I’ve finished Nutrisystem, the cake will get eaten. Soon.
  4. I was naughty and bought books. In my defense, they were cheap.
  5. I’m very close to being able to run 5k without stopping or walking.





Take care of yourselves and be kind to each other. See you around the blogosphere!











34 comments:

  1. Yay for finishing It!! That is a LONG book. also cheap books are meant to be bought. ENjoy!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a few years since I read IT and I so want to read it again! Maybe next year...Yea for more cake! My appetite has been so bad that I have very little real food in the house to tempt me...I'd hurt someone for a bacon roll...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on finishing It! That's quite an accomplishment! XD I can't wait to see your thoughts on Slasher Girls and Monster Boys! It didn't live up to my expectations but I really enjoyed a few stories. Have a great week!

    Here's my Weekly Recap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slasher Girls & Monster Boys was a bit disappointing, but I loved a few of the stories.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  4. I really need to read Neil Gaiman's art book. It looks interesting! And the A to Z Challenge sounds really interesting!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gaiman’s Make Good Art speech is really good. You can watch it on YouTube for free if you don’t want to buy the book.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  5. Mmm leftover cake lol. And that is a TON of pages- go you! I had no idea that book was so big!

    Blogging A-Z sounds like a fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, IT is huge! It’s the second-biggest book I’ve ever read willingly.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  6. Yay for finishing It!! What a great book. I love the King. :)

    I checked out your list of books under 200 pages - I am always on the lookout for shorties! :)

    Have a great week - enjoy that cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After finishing IT, I’m convinced that short books are the best thing ever.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  7. Congrats on finishing It. I ended up giving up on a long (but shorter than It) book this week.

    It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I give up on a lot of long books, too. If a book is long, it has to be really good to hold my attention.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  8. Super impressed by the 5K thing. I'm more of a saunter-er. You seem to be reading a lot of serious tomes these days--well, I guess IT isn't really "serious," but it's long, and then you've got Campbell coming up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Campbell book is KILLING me right now. A lot of the time, I have no freaking clue what he’s talking about. Save me, Google!

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  9. Congrats on finishing IT - you're a braver bookworm than I am... anything over 800 pages is a no go for me.

    Sounds like you've had a pretty good week. I look forward to the April challenge. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on finishing IT - a loooong read! I would love to run 5K but never seem to manage it. I start the couch to 5K thing and then something happens and I'm back at square one. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This is my second attempt at Couch to 5K. My first attempt got derailed because I had to travel for a month. I’m actually going to finish it this time.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  11. Woot! Congrats, It was a beast but it was so darn good! Hope you have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yayyy for finishing It! I haven't gotten brave enough for that one yet. lol! I think I will start with a shorter Stephen King title first. And also congrats on almost being able to run a 5k without stopping or walking. That's awesome! I would probably fall over. lol Hope you have a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If you’re new to King, I’d start with The Green Mile. Most of his books are long, but that one’s not too long.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  13. Over a thousand pages? That won't happen in my life. I prefer shorter books these days. I tried Nutrisystem for a while but also found it very expensive. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m sad about how expensive Nutrisystem is. I actually liked the food and wasn’t hungry all the time. That never happens on diets.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  14. I ran a 5K without stopping (or walking) for the first time over the summer---I wasn't fast (not by a long shot), but it was still a huge accomplishment for me. So, I'll just say ... keep going!!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m the slowest runner ever. I’m determined to do this, though. I will run 5K!

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  15. I think that being able to run a 5k without stopping is amazing. I am not sure that I could run 50 feet. Congrats on finishing It. That is a book that I really want to read but haven't had a free spot in my reading schedule for it. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like you had a great week! Today I ran from the front door of my work to my car in the rain. That's my running success for the decade :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay! I'm doing the A to Z Challenge for the third year! I always look forward to April! Good luck and bookish memories sounds like an awesome theme! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Now I'm curious about the longest books you've read unwillingly!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats with IT! I am still intimidated by it and do not pick it up.

    ReplyDelete