Sunday, March 12, 2017

The Sunday Post #88


The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news. It’s Monday, What Are You Reading? is hosted by Book Date. I get to tell you what I’ve read recently.




On The Blog Last Week







On The Blog This Week


  • On Monday I review Guts: The True Stories behind Hatchet and the Brian Books by Gary Paulsen.
  • On Tuesday I show you what I’m planning to read this spring.
  • On Wednesday I review This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab.
  • On Thursday I do the “Get to Know Me” tag.





In My Reading Life


Last week, I finished rereading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling. Now, I’m reading IT by Stephen King. I’m probably going to be reading IT for a long time. The book is over 1000 pages. I’m about 400 pages into it.





In The Rest Of My Life


Five things that made me happy last week:


1. Chocolate hazelnut ice cream. I only ate two bites because of my diet, but it was so good.

2. I ran two miles without stopping or walking. I’m the least-athletic person ever, so this is astounding.

3. My dog and I took an afternoon off and went exploring.

4. A refugee family was reunited after four years apart.



5. These kids crashed their dad’s BBC interview and made it much more interesting.






Take care of yourselves and be kind to each other! See you around the blogosphere!











17 comments:

  1. Ohhh I've been wanting to read This Savage Song so I'm excited to see what you thought about it! I've never read any books by Stephen King but I kind of want to read It since it's going to be a movie later this year. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea It was so long!! Ah 1000 pages!! Mmmm chocolate hazelnut ice cream sounds amazing. That BBC interview makes me laugh every time!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL that BBC video, made my day ;-)
    I rarely re-read books. But, I love the HP series and it is one I have re-read and plan to again. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for re-reading Harry Potter :) I'm going to be drafting up a post on Prisoner of Azkaban for this week. I love that we're re-reading the series at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah! I saw on the news about the Dad trying to make a news report and his kids interrupted the whole thing. It was so hilarious!!!


    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never read a book by Stephen King 😳 I need to fix that. Also, chocolate hazelnut ice cream?! I need!! A few days ago I had a caramel hazelnut iced coffee that was freaking amazing.
    Genesis @ Latte Nights Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chocolate hazelnut ice cream is the greatest think since salted caramel ice cream! I think I'd need a pint of it to get through a 1,000 page book. I've yet to read a book beyond 600 pages and not think it could have used a much more ruthless edit. Not to say there aren't any of course, I've just yet to find one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that BBC interview video. :) And the Burma refugee reunion was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE IT...my favourite ever book! I can generally get it read in 2-3 days. I'm so excited for the new film coming out! When I eventually deal with my ever growing tbr I plan LOTS of rereads! I haven't read IT or Harry Potter for a few years and I want to reread The Hunger Games and other things too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you for reading IT. Too spooky for me. That BBC interview was something else.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd forgotten how incredibly long It was. Huge book! It's been years since I read that one but I remember it so well. ("Beep beep, Ritchie.") The TV mini-series was pretty good, too. Running 2 miles if awesome! Go you! That BBC interview is hilarious. Poor guy. LOL

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read It a long, long time ago. I commend you for even picking it up. I really enjoyed all the characters in hat story, I hope you love it. 2 miles is pretty fantastic. I have been saying that I am going to get back into running for a while now. 2 miles would make me so happy. Congratulations! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't stop thinking about the chocolate hazelnut ice cream! And how hard it is to stop after two bites...lol.

    I haven't read Stephen King in ages. The last one was his time travel book, 11/22/63, which I loved, and which was made into a movie for Hulu.

    Enjoy your week! Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your header!!

    What a great post.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
  15. It by Stephen King is one of my favorite books ever! But yes, it is really, really long. I hope you're at least enjoying it since it is that long. Thanks for stopping by my Sunday Post at Lisa Loves Literature earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How can you eat just 2 bits of any ice cream? I commend you. Yay for running 2 miles! I don't think any amount of training would make that possible for me so I am very impressed. That BBC interview had me in tears when I saw it this week. Too funny! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. There is absolutely no way I could ever eat two bites of ice cream. I'm impressed.

    I"m kind of binge reading your blog right now--between life and the Slice of Life Challenge, I haven't been commenting as much as I'd like to.

    ReplyDelete