Sunday, February 12, 2017

The Sunday Post #84


The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news. It’s Monday, What Are You Reading? is hosted by Book Date. I get to tell you what I’ve read recently.




On The Blog Last Week







On The Blog This Week


  • On Monday I review Witness by Karen Hesse.
  • On Tuesday I list the qualities all good book boyfriends/girlfriends should possess.
  • On Wednesday I review Let’s Pretend This Never Happened: (A Mostly True Memoir) by Jenny Lawson.
  • On Thursday I should do a tag. I haven’t done one of those in a while.





In My Reading Life


Last week, I finished rereading Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling. Then I read Make Good Art by Neil Gaiman and The Wave by Morton Rhue. Right now, I’m reading Round Ireland with a Fridge by Tony Hawks.







In The Rest Of My Life


Five things that made me happy last week:


1. I wrote six book reviews. My reviews are huge, so that’s a lot of blogging. Hopefully I’ll learn my lesson and not get that far behind on reviews again. After writing six of them, I’m still not caught up.

2. Friday was a record-breaking hot day. I spent it outside with the dogs.

3. My Super Bowl party was awesome. I read Harry Potter and ate nachos while other people watched football.

4. This teacher has an individual handshake for each of his students.




5. I’m pretty sure the dude in this commercial is my soulmate.











Take care of yourselves and be kind to each other! See you around the blogosphere!











18 comments:

  1. Nachos and Harry Potter sounds like a pretty good party to me...I like something to get my teeth into while I read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! 6 reviews in one week! That's quite impressive!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Nachos! Now I feel the urge to go around the corner to one of my favorite Mexican restaurants....

    I haven't yet read Jenny Lawson, but I'm getting more curious all the time.

    Enjoy your week, and thanks for sharing. Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  4. Read all the Things is so true! Love that name! I'm now wanting Mexican food as well. Have a great week!
    Check out my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  5. HURRAY FOR HARRY POTTER! I love that so many people reread these books constantly - I don't feel like such a nerd! XD I'm really excited about your upcoming book boyfriends post! Those are the best! Also, six reviews in a week is quite an accomplishment! I'm SO FAR behind! Have a great week :D

    Here's my Weekly Recap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your superbowl party sounds pretty awesome :) Yay for getting lots of reviews written!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that handshake thing might be one of the best things I've seen all week. Seriously that's amazing.

    Nachos make everything better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. In years past, I've gone to a movie during the Super Bowl. I watched it this year because I was in a season-long NFL pick 'em contest.

    You're a good reviewer. It's not a race.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is it weird that I look forward to your weekly and monthly wrap-ups because I know I'm going to laugh? I loved your comment about the Super Bowl (sounds about perfect to me!) and that DQ commercial is hilarious!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  10. Saw the piece about the teacher greeting each of his students. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm thinking your record hot day is a good thing - if it's in winter. Sadly we're having them in summer here in Australia. Blergh!

    And 6 reviews in a week, that is great! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that's a big review writing catch up! Sounds like you had an interesting week of reads. I love the handshake video! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post And interesting picks. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nachos and Harry Potter is the way everyone should do the Super Bowl! But wow - congrats on writing all those reviews! That is a lot of catchup!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My kind of Super Bowl party. Oh wait! That IS kinda what I did. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like my kind of Super Bowl party. It sucks when you get that far behind, been there done that don't want to do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I seem to be forever behind on writing reviews. It is just a fact of life for me. Nachos and Harry Potter sounds like a great plan for Super bowl Sunday. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That Superbowl party sounds great! I had football on, but book in hand, like I do most of the time when watching TV. Although, I was really in it for the commercials, so read during the game!

    ReplyDelete