The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news.
On The Blog Last Week
- On Monday I reviewed UnWholly by Neal Shusterman.
- On Tuesday I listed some things that delight bookworms.
- On Wednesday I reviewed Attachments by Rainbow Rowell.
- On Thursday I told you what I’ve been up to in April.
- On Saturday I had a “School made me do it” book haul.
On The Blog This Week
- On Monday I review UnSouled by Neal Shusterman.
- On Tuesday I list some child characters I’d like to see as adults.
- On Wednesday I review The Legend of Sleepy Hollow & Rip Van Winkle by Washington Irving.
- On Thursday I wrap up April.
In My Reading Life
It’s still snowing, and I’m still on spring break, so I got a lot of reading done. I read Saving Wonder by Mary Knight, UnStrung by Neal Shusterman, A Guide to being Born by Ramona Ausubel, and Poor Things by Alasdair Gray.
In My Blogging Life
Last Sunday, my blog got 982 pageviews within a few hours. The number of comments didn’t increase, so I have two theories about the sudden massive jump in pageviews.
Theory 1: I wrote something immensely satisfying to web-browsing robots. If this theory is correct, then I now have a small army of robots at my disposal.
Theory 2: There is a new porn site somewhere on the Internet called Read All The Things, and people are coming here by mistake. If this theory is correct, then I’m sorry that all of those people found books instead of . . . whatever they wanted to find. I hope they discovered some excellent book recommendations for when they’re less . . . err . . . occupied.
The Internet is a mysterious beast that I will never understand.
In The Rest Of My Life
Five things that made me happy last week:
- Ravioli and leftover ravioli.
- I bought myself a book, even though I wasn’t supposed to.
- I got so much blogging done. May is going to be crazy (I’ll be on a blogging hiatus for part of it), so I had to get ahead.
- The snow keeps knocking out the TV and Internet at my house. This gives me excuses to read.
- I’m actually 6 books ahead on my Goodreads Challenge instead of tremendously behind. That’s unusual.
I hope you had a great week! See you around the blogosphere!