The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news.
On The Blog Last Week
- On Monday I reviewed 5 to 1 by Holly Bodger.
- On Tuesday I listed my auto-buy authors.
- On Wednesday I reviewed The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton.
- On Friday I dreamed about riding a Thestral through the mall.
- On Saturday I showed you the end of The Book Haul To End All Book Hauls.
On The Blog This Week
- On Monday I review Places I Never Meant To Be: Original Stories By Censored Writers by Judy Blume (Editor).
- On Tuesday I show you which books I’d put on my syllabus if I taught a class about writing styles in contemporary YA. (I know you’d totally take my class. It doesn’t sound insufferably boring at all, right?)
- On Wednesday I review Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli.
- On Thursday I (finally) do the Liebster Award thing.
- On Friday I quote random books.
In My Blogging Life
Have any of your unfollowers ever told you why they unfollowed your blog? One of mine has! A few days ago, someone messaged me and told me that they unfollowed my blog because I “promote children’s books that make homosexuality seem normal.” No one has ever given me a reason for unfollowing before. I just assumed that my recent unfollowers hated vintage illustrations of people in fancy hats. I will continue to post whatever I want on my blog, but it’s interesting to know a reason why people unfollow.
|Early 1900s fancy hat ladies.|
Speaking of fancy hats, I’m glad that most people seem okay with my blog redesign. I was terrified to redesign because I sometimes have bizarre ideas about what looks acceptable. I’m still messing with things and searching for nice (and preferably free) social media icons. Thank you to everyone who took the time to give me feedback and suggestions on how to improve the blog. I really appreciate it.
In My Reading Life
I’m on a nontraditional school schedule, so it’s currently midsession (midterms) for me. I didn’t have much time to read last week. I finally finished Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley. It wasn’t my type of book, but I'm glad that I didn't DNF. Now, I’m reading a middlegrade novel called The Silent Boy by Lois Lowry. Middlegrade isn’t my favorite genre, but I like this book so far.
In The Rest Of My Life
I’m the type of person who majorly stresses out over every stupid, inconsequential thing. In an effort to fix that, I’m going to list 5 things that made me happy last week.
- Delicious spice cake.
- The baby snake I saw while walking the dogs. It was so tiny that it looked like a piece of black spaghetti. I didn’t know that snakes could be adorable. Also, it gets bonus happiness points for not being a rattlesnake. We have enough of those.
- The days when it wasn’t a million degrees outside. There were two days last week when it felt like fall instead of summer.
- Midsession means that the semester is half over.
- Need a pipe-smoking lion? Never fear, public-domain clipart is here.
I hope you had a great week. I’ll see you around the blogosphere!