Thursday, June 4, 2015

May Wrap-Up

May Overview


The first half of the month brought huge snow storms to my home in Colorado. Then I spent the second half of the month in hot, humid Kentucky.

My backyard on Mother's Day.

A riverboat in Louisville, KY.

I managed to get way behind on both reading and blogging. I blame school for this (because I don’t want to blame myself, of course). I had to go to Kentucky as part of my master’s degree program, and they kept me very busy. While I was there, I only had time to write one blog post and read about 70% of one e-book. That’s it. The rest of my time was spent doing school stuff. So, I read an embarrassing total of 4 books in May.

I did post my 100th book review on Goodreads at the beginning of the month. Who would have thought that I’d ever write 100 book reviews?



Best Books of May


Here are my two favorite books that I read last month:








Most Popular Reviews


The most-viewed reviews on the blog in May:








Most Popular Posts


The most-viewed posts on the blog last month:




Coming In June


I don’t know! I’m so behind on everything that I have nothing scheduled. I know that I have some new books being shipped to me, so there will be a book haul at some point. I want to write a discussion post, but I haven’t come up with a topic yet. I’m also hoping to finish reading (and reviewing) Stephen King’s Dark Tower series. Not sure if that’s actually going to happen. If it does, the Dark Tower books will be the longest series that I’ve ever completed. I’m usually terrible at finishing series because I lose interest in them.



All The Things


All The Things = 9 books.


I’m currently reading The Narrow Road to the Deep North by Richard Flanagan.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I loved how you did a wrap-up! I did one once for April, I think it was, but then I got....lazy. :( Diary of a Young Girl is a great book!
    And I wish I could see that happy dance.... I'm sure that it's better than mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a big difference going from the weather in Colorado to Kentucky! Sounds like you had a really busy month. And wow/congrats on 100 reviews!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Mother's Day should never, ever have a bunch of snow involved! On the bright side, Kentucky looks lovely! And I absolutely MUST get my hands on Vicious ASAP, it sounds so, so good!! Hope that you have a fabulous June!!

    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete