The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news. It’s Monday, What Are You Reading? is hosted by Book Date. I get to tell you what I’ve read recently.
On The Blog Last Week
- On Monday I reviewed The Beginning of the World in the Middle of the Night by Jen Campbell.
- On Tuesday we talked about my long-term reading failures.
- On Wednesday I reviewed The Paper Menagerie and Other Stories by Ken Liu.
- On Thursday I listed some oddities I’ve discovered inside used books.
- On Saturday there was a book haul.
On The Blog This Week
- On Monday I review Ararat by Christopher Golden.
- On Wednesday I review This Monstrous Thing by Mackenzi Lee.
- On Saturday there’s a book haul.
In My Reading Life
Last week, I finished Dinosaurs on Other Planets: Stories by Danielle McLaughlin and Still Points North by Leigh Newman. Then I read Criss Cross by Lynne Rae Perkins. Right now, I’m reading The Shell Collector by Anthony Doerr and The Butcher’s Hook by Janet Ellis.
In The Rest Of My Life
Five things that made me happy last week:
- It’s Girl Scout cookie time!
- I started applying for new jobs. Cross your fingers for me.
- Did you see Twitter’s reaction to Lady Doritos? It’s hilarious. I’ve never had an issue with knocking back a whole bag of regular Doritos, but no one would ever describe me as “ladylike.”
- I’m 1 book ahead on my Goodreads challenge. Shove it, Goodreads. You can no longer tell me I’m failing at life.
- It didn’t snow on me while I was running. It is snowing right now, though.
Take care of yourselves and be kind to each other! See you around the blogosphere!