The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news. It’s Monday, What Are You Reading? is hosted by Book Date. I get to tell you what I’ve read recently.
On The Blog Last Week
- On Monday I reviewed Escape from Eden by Elisa Nader.
- On Wednesday I reviewed The Girl Who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill.
- On Thursday I told you what makes me DNF a book.
- On Saturday there was a book haul.
On The Blog This Week
- On Monday I review The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson.
- On Tuesday I have suggestions for Santa.
- On Wednesday I review All the Birds, Singing by Evie Wyld.
- On Thursday I have a Christmas tag.
- On Saturday there’s a book haul.
Next year, I’m once again going to be participating in the Discussion Challenge hosted by Feed Your Fiction Addiction and It Starts at Midnight. If you have any topics you’d like to see me blather about, let me know. I’ve been participating in this challenge for years, and I’m all out of ideas. Stupid things happen when I run out of ideas. Save me from my own stupidity! Give me discussion topics!
In My Reading Life
Last week, I reread A Darker Shade of Magic and A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab. Now I’m (finally!) reading A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab. This was one of my most-anticipated releases of 2017. I swear I’m going to finish it before the end of the year.
In The Rest Of My Life
Five things that made me happy last week:
- Rereading a series I like.
- Christmas cookies! And Christmas music! I’m sorry to anyone who comes near my desk while I’m working. Those poor people get inundated with Christmas music. I’m probably driving everybody nuts. It’s not my fault that the Internet has so many Christmas playlists. Playlists are meant to be played. Loudly. For hours.
- Book mail.
- My laptop stopped making that ominous humming sound. (Or my music is so loud that I can’t hear it?) Whatever. I really hope it doesn’t come back because if my laptop breaks, I might have to actually go places and talk to people. *Shudder.*
- It snowed!
Take care of yourselves and be kind to each other! See you around the blogosphere!